B73 / B75 /b77 Hoods

Can anybody tell me the difference between a B61 (etc) hood and the hoods for a B70 series? I am looking at a B73 with the big radiator,cummins engine and a B model cab. The hood is about shot & wanted to see if a standard hood would fit. One difference I noticed was that the intake does not enter the cowl of the cab; rather it goes straight into the engine compartment. The passenger side of the hood is cut for this purpose, but I don't know if a standard B model hood could be modified to fit?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

twostickmutt,

I saw that auction & am watching it. I'm not real serious about bidding on it though; I think the price will approach the cost of an entire used truck! It looks to be in great condition though.

As much as I hate to, I may have to break out the body work tools and practice up on aluminum welding...

Scott

That hood on Ebay fits a L cab B model and will not work for the standard cab.

I was bidding on it for my B73 and was outbid by the guy that has it for sale.He has another guy list items for him then he plugs the bids under his own Ebay ID.I've watched their auctions for a long time,usually ever truck he lists has a pretty high Buy it Now price.Then if it gets some real bids,he'll start plugging.Most of the time they fall short of the reserve with his bid the final one.