I came across this one the other day and got these pictures. the contact information did not yield the owner yet.

RL 767 LST 31939, no radiator,no engine. 13 sp. RR, mack rears and susp. appx.215 WB. kysor roof top.

Enjoy the 4th,

FW

post-146-0-98188500-1309698747_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-69048800-1309698767_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-63849000-1309698788_thumb.jpg

post-146-0-53855400-1309698801_thumb.jpg

I wonder if the Television is included?...............Mark

Looks like it could be the start of your "Phantom". This truck must be a 78 or newer. It has the same lower fenders on the hood as my 78 RL does. I wonder if the hood has the center ridge, or is flat?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Looks like it could be the start of your "Phantom". This truck must be a 78 or newer. It has the same lower fenders on the hood as my 78 RL does. I wonder if the hood has the center ridge, or is flat?

Rob

I was thinking the same thing! i'd really like to start from scratch,and this looks like a good candidate!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've not seen anything older than 78 with the lower front fender style like that. Of course the hood could have been changed. The Rockwell steer axle is consistent with everything I've observed.

I'd like to have something like that to install some spare parts I have into, (ie 1693TA).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd wager it will set there quite a spell longer before being sold to either scrap, or another for parts. I hate to see dead projects deteriorate but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Rob

I'd wager it will set there quite a spell longer before being sold to either scrap, or another for parts. I hate to see dead projects deteriorate but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Rob

ya,,,im with you there man, without an engine,,gonna be hard to move it for anything else but parts,of scrap.bob

ya,,,im with you there man, without an engine,,gonna be hard to move it for anything else but parts,of scrap.bob

It was originally a Cummins powered truck so no real big deal to fit another engine. The radiator will replace with a "Valueliner" series but take a little fab work so no real serious expenses involved. The cab is probably rough at best and the reason for the tarp. The roofs on these cabs really like to rust and then water intrusion destroys the rest by rusting.

I'm partial to the RL's so would like to see it worked with.

Rob

It was originally a Cummins powered truck so no real big deal to fit another engine. The radiator will replace with a "Valueliner" series but take a little fab work so no real serious expenses involved. The cab is probably rough at best and the reason for the tarp. The roofs on these cabs really like to rust and then water intrusion destroys the rest by rusting.

Rob

oh ya,,absolutely,hate to see it just rust,would be easier to find a rolled over mixer,and have your way.lol,,was thinking,woulda been easier to sell back in the 80,s when everyone in california was going from cabovers to conventionals,when they changed the length law.bob :thumb:

Rob

oh,,,speaking of valueliner,,,i thought thats what is was at first glance...infact thats what got me thinking of mixers,,thier used to be an outfit in california,,transit mixed,,had a millian of them,,,think they got bought out,,dont see them anymore...oh ya,forgot union outfit,of coarse thier gone...only the cheap gippo outfits survive now.all the good paying jobs are gone..lol...ok im done crying...bob

Rob

I was kinda waiting to hear some more about this one,damn shame is that Rob is prolly right,sit for anotherr 5-10 years,then its of little or no use to anyone by then. oh well.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 month later...

Looks too good to go to the scrapyard to dare i say be reincarnated as a V@$V*.

Hope if the owner does decide to sell its not to the scrapyard . looks like a good project truck & i agree w/ Rob IM Partial to a California :MackLogo: Always liked the looks of the RS & RL Series. & JUST LIKE A 2 stroke Detroit seems the the California Bulldogs are a dying breed ya dont see as many as ya used to.

later yall :mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: