Just wondered if anyone had ever seen this wrecker, or knew anything about it,don't have any info on it,but its a good looking truck! The Virginian truckstop was just off I-81 in north cenral Virginia (Toms Brook) but is long since gone,replaced with a "Loves"..................Mark

post-5836-0-72528200-1308450304_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I posted that picture a long time ago,when Rob was saying something about Peterbilt's usually being behind a wrecker. Thought i'd deleted it long ago but just happen to still have it. That's me waving from the passenger seat.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yup, pretty sure 325 V8 is right, don't know what they had behind it though. They also had 2 tractors pulling tankers back and forth to the tanker farm in Fairfax pulling fuel and gas to the truck stop identical to the wrecker. Might know someone who can give me the a little more info on the specs, I think they bought them from a local Mack dealer a buddy of mine worked for. I'm not sure, but I think the tractors may have had 375's. Or maybe I'm thinking of the trucks that replaced these, he always had them with the same specs.

Toms Brook is one exit north of me, had a chance to apply for a job driving one of the fuel trucks once, but had no desire to pull a tanker or fuel.

Gold Bulldog and Farr air cleaner,I'd guess 325 V8 Maxidyne.

ya,,,mostly what i noticed was the air cleaner,,dont know anything about a 8 cylinder,was told gold bulldog was mack engine,,so that would make sence,,,why the farr air cleaner?