Disc Type Parking Brake Adjustment On An "a" Model

fxfymn

My Type 75A fire truck is equipped with a disc type of parking brake. The pads are "chattering" against the disc when I let off of the power. My Mack manual does not cover this type of brake so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to adjust the brake to take the play out of the pad assemblies.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Yep, it's a disc. I ended up having to totally disassemble it because I believe the chatter is being caused by either a bad transfer case bearing or bad drive shaft carrier bearing.

I'm going to have the pads relined and go from there after I get the transfer case issue fixed. I'm stil interested in hearing any recomendations on the correct adjustment procedures.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

My Type 75A fire truck is equipped with a disc type of parking brake. The pads are "chattering" against the disc when I let off of the power. My Mack manual does not cover this type of brake so I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to adjust the brake to take the play out of the pad assemblies.

I have the same type of set up on my F.W.D. pumper. I'll have to crawl under there and study it for a while, maybe I can lend some advice. (oh that is scary.....)

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS