Longer Than A Whore's Dream

That thing is a horse. We got one in Jacksonville,Fl I have only seen once. It is a tridrive twin steer Kw. Now both front axles drive. Had I have thought about it I would of gotten pics. This was a few years ago. Was a boom truck of some sort

I've seen some of these type trucks out west,always wondered what they were used for, (i know its something to do with oilwell drilling)what would you guesstimate the wheelbase is on something like that?......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've seen some of these type trucks out west,always wondered what they were used for, (i know its something to do with oilwell drilling)what would you guesstimate the wheelbase is on something like that?......................Mark

I'm not sure Mark. I could only get the truck pulled into the shop far enough for the front drive axle to clear the rear door (any further and I would have "perforated" the sheet rock to the office wall). The truck is longer than most (maybe all) of the twin steer concrete pumper I've ever seen. It has the Hendrickson Primaxx rear suspension, so whatever the axle spacing on that is plus probably double that for the spacing between the front steer axles and probably at least another 120" between the rear steer axle and the front drive axle. slpwlkr is probably in the ball park. All I know is that it is one longer mother and it takes some wide circles to turn it around.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I think they use it for some type of continuous rod drilling operation, whatever that is. I just try to work on 'em, I'd get all flabbergasted if I tried to figure out what they actually did with 'em!

I'm not sure Mark. I could only get the truck pulled into the shop far enough for the front drive axle to clear the rear door (any further and I would have "perforated" the sheet rock to the office wall). The truck is longer than most (maybe all) of the twin steer concrete pumper I've ever seen. It has the Hendrickson Primaxx rear suspension, so whatever the axle spacing on that is plus probably double that for the spacing between the front steer axles and probably at least another 120" between the rear steer axle and the front drive axle. slpwlkr is probably in the ball park. All I know is that it is one longer mother and it takes some wide circles to turn it around.

LOL! thats why i asked,bet its a BITCH trying to turn that thing around! good thing its out in the wide open spaces! i was kinda curious what the driveshaft configueration was like,one long shaft,then a carrier bearing? i also guessed around 360" 400" wheelbase.............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I didn't get much chance to mess with it, and there's so much stuff bolted on the outside it's hard to tell if the frame was extended or if it was ordered with a lot of extra frame hanging over the end. This one was done by Nortrux in Canada, not at the Mack modification center, so the chassis records don't really show any of the really good stuff that was added on after it left the factory. The chassis record says 265" wheel base on the frame arrangement, so I know it was either extended or the rear suspension was moved back.

The boom hanging out front coupled with the long wheelbase is hard to get used to, have to watch out that you don't inadvertently ram it into stationary objects!

I didn't get much chance to mess with it, and there's so much stuff bolted on the outside it's hard to tell if the frame was extended or if it was ordered with a lot of extra frame hanging over the end. This one was done by Nortrux in Canada, not at the Mack modification center, so the chassis records don't really show any of the really good stuff that was added on after it left the factory. The chassis record says 265" wheel base on the frame arrangement, so I know it was either extended or the rear suspension was moved back.

The boom hanging out front coupled with the long wheelbase is hard to get used to, have to watch out that you don't inadvertently ram it into stationary objects!

Ideally, if I can get something stationary long enough, ahm gonna ram my boom in it. randyp

fjh probably sees more of these modified trucks and might be able to shed some more light on this, but from what I hear the Mack modification center takes too long to turn these things out. This one was nicely done. All of the switches and levers on the truck are marked to indicate what they do, the cab had the higher level interior package, the steering wheel spokes are bright polish chrome (don't know if that's aftermarket or not but it looked pretty decent). All in all I'd say Nortrux did a better job than a lot of the body builders that I've seen.

Does all three rear axles drive?

Yes. It has Meritor rear differentials. As far as I know the only way to get tri-drive is with vendor axles, that may be different now though.