71 R700 Interior Parts

Does Mack or anyone make interior parts,like dash panels with the off-set gauges, door covers an interior covers correct gauges for those years?? an also I could use an alum. driver door? A couple of guys had told me to use a newer style cab, but the cab that I have is in good shape! It's just the old style steel dash, an I want to keep the truck as original as possible

Thanks BULLHUSK

With the interior panels your best bet is to find a auto upholstery guy and have him reproduce your door panels since the dark green is nla. The chrome ring white needle guages are still available from Stewart Warner, and nos ones come up on ebay from time to time. I have to tell you I have been around many R models all y life and have never seen an east coast R model with an aluminum door, so your best bet might be out west where they were more common.

With the interior panels your best bet is to find a auto upholstery guy and have him reproduce your door panels since the dark green is nla. The chrome ring white needle guages are still available from Stewart Warner, and nos ones come up on ebay from time to time. I have to tell you I have been around many R models all y life and have never seen an east coast R model with an aluminum door, so your best bet might be out west where they were more common.

Hi, after market doors are available

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MACK-DOOR-FITS-R-RD-MD-U-SUPERLINER-Right-Side-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem563fe15700QQitemZ370438919936QQptZOtherQ5fVehicleQ5fParts

not in alloy tho

Grant

i was going to recomend the stewart warners,myself,it looks like right now thier using the retro 60,s look,,very nice.. black face,white numbers,and needles..check kreagan,or auto zone..i was pretty impressed,,,also (DONT CHANGE THE CAB),,that would be crazy..run a wanted ad for that angeled guage plate,,thier around...good luck...bob

Thanks for the info guys,so I guess what your saying is there are no n.o.s. parts from Mack? I won't be starting on this until I get the 66 Brockway done, cause that does not need a lot of work, basic sand blasting some new mount an paint. I's just lookin into the parts avl. on the 71 Mack cab, so I can start collecting some of what I need before I start. Also I'm going to change it over to a 12 volt neg ground an trash the s/p switch, also I will look into reaching out to some W-Coast parts guys for a door, it's not bad but alum is not E/Z to work out the dings an bends!!

An Again Thank You for your help!!

Ernie DS (BULLHUSK)

Does Mack or anyone make interior parts,like dash panels with the off-set gauges, door covers an interior covers correct gauges for those years?? an also I could use an alum. driver door? A couple of guys had told me to use a newer style cab, but the cab that I have is in good shape! It's just the old style steel dash, an I want to keep the truck as original as possible

Thanks BULLHUSK

I had pretty good luck with our local Mack dealer at the time I was restoring mine (2004).The heater box cover was still available,which was really the only broken part in my cab! I have seen an aluminum door on an older Eastern R (must have been a R-6??LST).Looked like a nightmare-cracks everywhere! I left most of my original guages in the truck as the S-W's were all working.I repainted the matte black finish on the panel,and used Iowa 80 chrome trim rings to cover up the cleaned but pitted guage bezels.Found one of those rare offset guage panels,but they were plastic, and the elements and kids took their toll on them. I agree, to replace that cab with the newer (late '73-up) one ,would be blasphomy!! Good luck on your search. :thumb::mack1::thumb:

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

im sure you probably already knew this,but you can replace that angled guage plate,with a flat steel guage plate,thats what most of them had,like mine,just buy one of those,thier everywhere,and cut your guage holes it it,nice and neat,with a steel hole saw...bob