Side Window Weatherstrips On Mh

How does one remove and install the weatherstrips at the bottom of the door side windows on a MH. These are the strips where you would rest your arm if the window was rolled down. I ordered new ones from my Mack dealer but they have no information on how these are replaced. The doors on the early CH are the same as the MH. Is a special tool required? Does the glass need to be removed? Also, does the moulding "whiskers" around the glass channel (sides and top) just slip/slide in or are they glued? TIA!

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

How does one remove and install the weatherstrips at the bottom of the door side windows on a MH. These are the strips where you would rest your arm if the window was rolled down. I ordered new ones from my Mack dealer but they have no information on how these are replaced. The doors on the early CH are the same as the MH. Is a special tool required? Does the glass need to be removed? Also, does the moulding "whiskers" around the glass channel (sides and top) just slip/slide in or are they glued? TIA!

Ken, Most of the weatherstrips where your arm rests on the door were screwed on. You have to dig through the fuzz and you may see most likely phillips head screws. These screws are very small.

Regards

mike

ya,and just like he says,,at least thats the way it was on the older doors,,and the sides,and top there were push in plastic snaps,every 8 inches or so,,pry a little section out,and just yank the rest of it out,and the window,and regulater.have to come out to expose screws..get a six pack n have a ball...bob