"killer B" And The Texas Dot

Me n KIller was moving dozer just after daylight this morning, met 3 DOT trooper Black Tahoes coming at me, bumper to bumper. They went by and the last one in line hit his brakes and peeled back around like a Japanese zero. He fell in behind me and I know he was waiting till I got to a safe spot to pull over, yep, sure nuff, there goes the lights flashing like twin 50 calibers, and I was right in his sights. He gave me a right good inspection, told me I had a clearance light out on top, one brake light out on back of truck, inspection sticker out on trailer, and truck also. He asked me if I was aware of all this, I said yes, just been too busy, and he told me truck was actually in better shape that newer ones he inspects sometimes. He asked me several things bout truck and told me he wasnt gonna hassle me over any infractions, cause he liked truck too much. He wrote me a warning and gave me 15 days to make amends and sent me on my way,,,,just my lucky day,,,he was a really nice polite feller though,,,randyp

Me n KIller was moving dozer just after daylight this morning, met 3 DOT trooper Black Tahoes coming at me, bumper to bumper. They went by and the last one in line hit his brakes and peeled back around like a Japanese zero. He fell in behind me and I know he was waiting till I got to a safe spot to pull over, yep, sure nuff, there goes the lights flashing like twin 50 calibers, and I was right in his sights. He gave me a right good inspection, told me I had a clearance light out on top, one brake light out on back of truck, inspection sticker out on trailer, and truck also. He asked me if I was aware of all this, I said yes, just been too busy, and he told me truck was actually in better shape that newer ones he inspects sometimes. He asked me several things bout truck and told me he wasnt gonna hassle me over any infractions, cause he liked truck too much. He wrote me a warning and gave me 15 days to make amends and sent me on my way,,,,just my lucky day,,,he was a really nice polite feller though,,,randyp

You do know with the new csa2010 crap warnings still count against you. Now if it was on a dot inspection. If it wasn't then your good

You do know with the new csa2010 crap warnings still count against you. Now if it was on a dot inspection. If it wasn't then your good

Well, he told me it was low key and no big deal, just make repairs and carry on. I was kinda shocked, spected to get my ass handed to me. I was moving excavator couple of hours later and passed him while he had another truck pulled over and he just waved real big. They had 3 tahoes hammering our sleepy lil town today. Killer has a straight pipe, was expecting ticket out of that, but all he said was,,,"sure sounds good",,,heh heh,,randyp

got me an inspection in kansas a couple weeks ago, did their level three, all paper work and logs were fine, he looked at my truck and said i probably be waistin both our time to go any further, get on outa here.

i think a clean good loookin mack goes a long way with the dot.

the last time i was checked by the dot i was told that he thought for sure he was going to get an impound because of the maxi brakes (or lack of )on the old dog. but after about 10 mins of argueing with him he had to let me go when the older more wise dot got to the scene and told him that if it didnt come from factory with them it didnt have to have them. he said its recomended but not required. he was peed when he couldnt write anything else.

Glad to see you an "killer b" came through with flying colors! everybody thinks the DOT cops are all out to make trouble,and write tickets,its been my experience that if you "have all your ducks in a row" run a well maintained, decent,clean looking truck,you have nothing to worry about!...truthfully,i am a little suprized they did'nt give you any shit about the straight-pipe! but not all of these guys are dicks! LOL! they got a job to do just like we have,and a lot of times the right attitude is your ace in the hole!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

the last time i was checked by the dot i was told that he thought for sure he was going to get an impound because of the maxi brakes (or lack of )on the old dog. but after about 10 mins of argueing with him he had to let me go when the older more wise dot got to the scene and told him that if it didnt come from factory with them it didnt have to have them. he said its recomended but not required. he was peed when he couldnt write anything else.

Some of the tandem tractors from the 60's did not have front brakes, I was told in NJ if you have one of these trucks that you have to put brakes on the front axel would any of you guys have the correct answer ?? Thanks Ernie D

Some of the tandem tractors from the 60's did not have front brakes, I was told in NJ if you have one of these trucks that you have to put brakes on the front axel would any of you guys have the correct answer ?? Thanks Ernie D

As far as i know it is just a suggestion but not mandatory if it wasnt on from the factory. The actual law is somewhere in that lil green dot book, if ya gots a day or 2 to look thru and find it.

I found the section of the dot handbook where the brake rules are and the date where u need to have front brakes if built after is july 25 of 1980. It is in subpart C 393.40. All the needed info is available from that part of the book. hope this helps