Hi all.. I have a bit of a problem.. I have a 1986 Mack superliner with

E6-350

Camel Back deep reduction 4.42's

Fuller 9 speed RT14609A

REAR END RATIO 4.42

RPM SPEED 2100

TIRE SIZE 24.5

CURRENT TOP SPEED 59.89 MPH

My proble is that i cant keep up with the rest of the flock (dump trucks). There all doing 64-70 mph and i'm stuck at 55-60 mph.

what can i do to fix this problem? I'm looking hard at a RTLO 14713A or RTLO 16913A 13 speed . I really don't think that tapping in to the the rear ends is a good idea...probly PRICEY

any advice would be EXTREMELY appreciated...

The truck has been fully restored with a completely rebuilt engine ... oh and i'm also looking for an air ride cab conversion kit too...thx

Edited by LAZR GUIRA

E6-350

Fuller 9 speed RT14609A

REAR END RATIO 4.42

RPM SPEED 2100

TIRE SIZE 24.5

My proble is that i cant keep up with the rest of the flock (dump trucks). There all doing 64-70 mph and i'm stuck at 55-60 mph.

what can i do to fix this problem? I'm looking hard at a RTLO 14713A or RTLO 16913A 13 speed . I really don't think that tapping in to the the rear ends is a good idea...probly PRICEY

The truck has been fully restored with a completely rebuilt engine ... oh and i'm also looking for an air ride cab conversion kit too...thx

The 14609A is a direct, or 1 to 1, you need a 14609B which is a .73 overdrive. you would still have a reasonably low first gear, and it is common enough to be reasonably priced. An 8LL would be even better, you could have the same overdrive ratio, and deep reduction. They are somewhat pricey though.

The 14609A is a direct, or 1 to 1, you need a 14609B which is a .73 overdrive. you would still have a reasonably low first gear, and it is common enough to be reasonably priced. An 8LL would be even better, you could have the same overdrive ratio, and deep reduction. They are somewhat pricey though.

Could try a 15 speed. which is a 10 speed with a deep reduction. Just not sure you'd have enough motor to pull it in 10th

the 8ll is a great trans parts are easy but a little pricey

mack 9 speeds are good but have known clutch pack issues. first think I would do is replace that clutch pack.

13 speeds will have all the gears you want but not as deep reduction in the lower gears as a 8ll.

any of these transmissions will put you around 75MPH+

mack 9 speeds are good but have known clutch pack issues. first think I would do is replace that clutch pack.

13 speeds will have all the gears you want but not as deep reduction in the lower gears as a 8ll.

Thanks alot guys...

• 4 months later...

E6-350

Fuller 9 speed RT14609A

REAR END RATIO 4.42

RPM SPEED 2100

TIRE SIZE 24.5

My proble is that i cant keep up with the rest of

Links:

90 international, 3406b cat, won't run more than 60mph help ...

www.thedieselstop.com › ... › Other Topics › General Diesel - Cached

16 posts - 5 authors - Last post: Jun 10, 2007

oh well nevre, what do u think will give me a little pass boost? ... You will have to find atleast anRTO12513 and possibly an RTOO12513. The RTOO is a double overdrive and would get you speed up to where you want it. ...the flock (dump trucks). There all doing 64-70 mph and i'm stuck at 55-60 mph.

An RTOO 12513 / 14613 rebuilt exchange will do the trick. This gives you 3 overdrives and will give you about v=75 mph @ 1700 rpm in 13th. or about v=89 mph @ 1934.90509333 rpm

This is cheap and it works.

good luck

Edited by swjr

Or a T2090. That would be .71 overdrive.

it needs to be a T2050 / 2060 which is a .60 OD.

The RTOO 12513 / 14613 can be had exchange saving him some serious cash.

here is a guy in chi town:

3835 W. 42nd Street

Chicago, IL 60632

Toll Free • 888-481-2514

http://eotruckandtrailer.com/sections/products/Transmissions?product=70

Phone • 773-696-2008 Fax • 773-247-2632

info@generaltruckparts.com

Edited by swjr

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so i took your advise on the RTX-14609B. We swaped them out yesterday. My mechanic tells me that he's having trouble getting it in to gear from a stand still.He thinks it could either be 2 things.

1) the clutch pressure plate being bad or wrong clutch to begin with.

2) or the fly wheel is under spec and has to be replaced.

Can you please tell me what is the proper clutch for my application? I called mack and gave them my specs and they recammended the clutch we put in. I'll get that # for you soon. All i know is that it was a 14" ,4 paddle ,8 springs with 1400-1450 pounds of torque.

I have a glider kit so my VIN will be usless.

ENGINE 239GB5450P2 MACK E6-350

NEW TRANS RTX-14609B

Any info would be greatly appreciated guys.

With 4.42 rears, you dont need a deep reduction. it will pull a house with a 13 OOD and never flinch.

as far as the clutch issues, I can look into it, but I am not sure I can be of any timley help. - My understanding is that clutch mountings are universal, with the exception of over mount or under mount clutch arms. You should, for example be able to add a 15" clutch with no problem. Hmmmmmm..........

Edited by swjr

Problem solved..Flywheel needed additional machining....Everythings perfect now....thanks . That 9 speed overdrive really made a big difference...I'm loving it!!!

you just added about 20 mph to your truck.

When you get to where you can overhaul it, you can get the RTOO kit and you will add top end and will be able to run far fewer rpm's, which will save you about 1.5 mpg.

Also, adding 300 BHP to your engine will put more money in your bank.

EDIT: I checked out your set up, and guessed your current tyre size and your runnunig just about 1975 rpm @v=75 mph. If you were to go with an RTOO, t200 (.60), or a RBS (.64) trans mission, you would be able to still have a .73 OD (as opposed to th RTO 14609's .74 OD) and you can have the .62 OD which would allow you to run v=75 mph @about 1650 rpm. Saving you a ton of cash in fuel costs.

Coincidently, the fuel savings would buy you 3 of these RTOO transmissions hands down. Plus the truck would run at around 100 mph (perhaps a little less) and give you the best of both worlds.

I was up all night and got home from the doctor pretty late, so I hope I didn't miss anything. I'm here to help. lol.

Good luck!!

Edited by swjr