Oil In Water Super 250 Cummins

bullhusk

OK, pulled back head today, found liner cavation (holes in the liner) thats what I call it anyway! so I told the guys over a the F- Liner shop to pull all the heads an install 6 new liners an rings an rod bearings. They did confirm that the motor was rebuilt, it had the newer style heads an injecter seats also when he pulled # 5 piston he noticed they were Cummins Reman as well as the wrist pins an rods! It's just a bad case of the truck sitting an not being run (the older A/F didn't help). Now listen to this Cummins does not have the liners!! do you beleive this!! 60 days an they will have them! they are available frome Federal Mogul, so I told him to go ahead an get em I'll just have to hope they are USA made an they work!

Ernie DS

For just alttle more money you can by cyl kits with new piston.It use to be that the labor it cost cleaning the old pistone would be more than the extrax cost of buying cyl kits instead of liner kits plus rings.

glenn akers

For just alttle more money you can by cyl kits with new piston.It use to be that the labor it cost cleaning the old pistone would be more than the extrax cost of buying cyl kits instead of liner kits plus rings.

That certainly is true with the Mack engines I've rebuilt for certain. The last 237 I rebuilt I used OEM parts complete and it was only $23.00 more than aftermarket. The rings were already fitted to the pistons and I had the rods honed for oversize wrist pin bushings that were in the kit.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That certainly is true with the Mack engines I've rebuilt for certain. The last 237 I rebuilt I used OEM parts complete and it was only $23.00 more than aftermarket. The rings were already fitted to the pistons and I had the rods honed for oversize wrist pin bushings that were in the kit.

Rob

We found a Cummins dealer in western PA that has the OEM parts, 1,500.00 plus 17% to overnight; 6 liners 6 seal kits rod bearnings 24 (4 bolt rods) rod bolts an nuts, washers 6 ring kits head gasket manf. set & pan gasket. I'm finding out that these Super 250 Motors are not cheap an the parts are not E/Z to come by!!I'll ask about the full kits. Thanks for the info Ernie D