Vmac To Mechanical

Has anyone ever changed a truck with a VMAC injection pump to a mechanical pump? I have a '96 CH with a E7 427 and VMAC II system that I would like to convert to a mechanical system. I have several spare mechanical Bosch injection pumps. Someone told me I would have problems with the instrument panel, that once I disconnected the VMAC computer none of the guages would work. Is this true?

Why?

I never had any problems with the early V-Mac systems- they cold start better than the mechanical engines and give you cruise control to boot.

I don't want to invest in the tools to read codes and I sure don't want to go to the Mack store every time the malfunction/shutdown lights come on. We got rid of most of our computer trucks with the exception of 1 '98 with a ETech. The rest are E7 and E9's, all mechanical. Duct tape and baling twine will get em home.

Add me to this curiosity list,,,,,

Had this thought in the back of my head for years,when my pump

guy told me we cant get much more out of this pump,, because of the computer wont let the truck

start.

Could you leave the computer and close the loop at the pump and rewire the Jake like a mechanical??

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

• 2 years later...

Has anyone ever changed a truck with a VMAC injection pump to a mechanical pump? I have a '96 CH with a E7 427 and VMAC II system that I would like to convert to a mechanical system. I have several spare mechanical Bosch injection pumps. Someone told me I would have problems with the instrument panel, that once I disconnected the VMAC computer none of the guages would work. Is this true

A guy i met last year did this to his superliner. He told me that he took off the pump, econovance, and the inj. lines. left the same injectors in . put on the mann. pump with the mann. inj. lines and that was about it 4 the tricky stuff. told me the inj. lines had to be changed because the v-mac setup withe econo vance has all shorter inj.lines. thats what i believe 2 b true. i dont think this guy was feeding b.s. seemed like a good ol mack guy to me.