Question About Mack Rears Vs Eaton

bullhusk

Question guys; On the RL700 that I just bought, I was lookin at the rears (Mack) an the Page & Page suspension (4.56) I may want too put an air ride setup with 40K Eatons (4.11) from a wrecked Pete that I have, in it's place. I want to do this only because I feel it would be a little easier on the alm. frame, an on my back. Ok my question is should I use this set up or look for a Mack air with Mack rears (cut/off)? Thanks Ernie DS AKA BULLHUSK

Question guys; On the RL700 that I just bought, I was lookin at the rears (Mack) an the Page & Page suspension (4.56) I may want too put an air ride setup with 40K Eatons (4.11) from a wrecked Pete that I have, in it's place. I want to do this only because I feel it would be a little easier on the alm. frame, an on my back. Ok my question is should I use this set up or look for a Mack air with Mack rears (cut/off)? Thanks Ernie DS AKA BULLHUSK

Watch your frame width. The RL should have a frame width of 34.5" and the Peterbilt is prolly 34" which is much closer to what is available used to keep those things going better than 50% of the time........

You would also need to relocate the saddles on the rear housings to use them in a different width frame.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I believe Eaton used to make the Mack rear ends to Mack specs. Who makes them now? Also who makes the suspensions and cornerstone frames.Volvo probably makes the advantage frames :rolleyes:

The rear ends were made by Dana Spicer, I think Meritor is making them now. I have also been told that the frams were once made by Spicer but I don't know if that's true. The frames are currently made by Metalsa (maybe spelled Metulsa, I can't remember). The steer axles (FAW series) were made by Westport Axle for a long time.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"