i'm running a 500 pulling 80 to 95 thousand pounds in oh and pa im averaging 5.8 i dont go faster that 60 unless down hill. just wondering if an mh would get better mpg, had an mh v8 years ago all turned up by antrim was young and drove it like i stoled it it got 4.6, so i what im asking is if a rw and a mh were the same witch would get better mpg. thanks

i'm running a 500 pulling 80 to 95 thousand pounds in oh and pa im averaging 5.8 i dont go faster that 60 unless down hill. just wondering if an mh would get better mpg, had an mh v8 years ago all turned up by antrim was young and drove it like i stoled it it got 4.6, so i what im asking is if a rw and a mh were the same witch would get better mpg. thanks

5.8 seems like great mileage considering the weight and the hills. It would seem that the MH would get less mpg considering the frontal area. :rolleyes:

thats kinda what im thinking, ive even thought about going to someone elses diffs a 3.08 rear thats a little over 1500 at 60 i direct, currently ive got 3.65 but if i can stop spining the counter shafts in the trany it should help. if i pull a load of steel with a tarp job and stay around 75 to 80000 im at 6.2 6.3. if im empty 31000 im at 7.0 7.1 ish, i know this is a challenge with a v8 but i like my truck no dpf scr egr and its payed for ha. thanks

if your getting that much MPG with a V8... I say dont change a thing! A MH with that much of a wall would not be helping you. The golden number is 55MPH. It seams that when you go over 55MPH wind and HP become big factors for wind resistance and power needed to pull thru it. My little turned up 285 gets 5.5MPG empty or loaded. all city miles....

if your getting that much MPG with a V8... I say dont change a thing! A MH with that much of a wall would not be helping you. The golden number is 55MPH. It seams that when you go over 55MPH wind and HP become big factors for wind resistance and power needed to pull thru it. My little turned up 285 gets 5.5MPG empty or loaded. all city miles....

guys i hate to tell you this but a mh is more aero than a superliner accordin to the goodyear rep cabover the wind mackes one bend hood it mackes several bends we get about the same with our mh as long as you dont get to puttin it on the kitty cats to bad