Fifth Wheels

I am in the market for a new fifth wheel for my CH. I am looking at a Holland air slide with no-tilt and was curious what some of your opinions were as far as the best kind of fifth wheel. I have a frameless end-dump trailer and usually haul between 25 and 30 tons. I currently have a Fontaine but most people I've talked to around here recommend the Holland but I wanted to know what you guys think. Thanks! Trey

Trey, I'm partial to the Fontaines.They have a positive lock with the bar that slides behind the pin. They are easy to rebuild, no welding and grinding. The new ones are cast steel instead of stamped so the Holland fans may be more apt to try. Easy to adjust for wear.My choice by far. Steve

I used to use a A.S F. but parts are nowere to be found an they were a pain to rebuild, I also had some Hollands but I didn't like were they put the slider piston (under center of 5th wheel) so if you have to get to it it's dif. So I started using Fontaine no-slack about 5 years ago (there slider piston is E/Z to get to) an they auto adjust, so far so good!

BULLHUSK

• 4 weeks later...