Aftermarket Cam

I was just wondering if anybody knew of any good aftermarket companies that make a camshaft for an older 2 valve E6. I seem to be having trouble finding one. The only company I have been able to find is called PAI industries, if any one knows of them or tried them please let me know. Thank you

My cam in my R model is bad and got a price from my Mack dealer for just the cam and lifters for the 2 valve 676 and it was $3300.00. When you figure in the labor and all of the little parts it is cheaper to find another motor.

:wacko:

I called mack first, cause I too prefer to stay with OEM. However this is my brothers truck, I just get the joy of working on it for him. Mack was actually reasonable on the cam, but outragious on the cam followers. PAI was the only aftermarket company I have been able to find so far that makes a cam for this motor and was wondering if there stuff was any good. There is a $1500 difference between parts from Mack and PAI. Any input on this company or any other that can be recomended is appreciated. Thanks

I was just wondering if anybody knew of any good aftermarket companies that make a camshaft for an older 2 valve E6. I seem to be having trouble finding one. The only company I have been able to find is called PAI industries, if any one knows of them or tried them please let me know. Thank you

It has been quite some time ago but I rebuilt my 676 engine with a PAI out of frame kit. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the parts and had zero problems. My vendor did have to get me a set of oversize liners as I had the bores honed but didn't have the engine apart when parts were ordered. These were exchanged one for one with no additional charge. I think the bearings were "Clevite" and the kit was very complete.

I understand the pistons in the kits are now made in India and are of a differing quality that my kit contained. I've not rebuilt another engine since, so cannot attest to current offerings.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've been seeing a lot more PAI parts. I've never run into any of their internal engine parts (pistons, liners, etc.), but some of the other parts they offer are seem to be quite good. They offer several transmission parts that appear to be just as good (or maybe better, as much as I hate to admit it) as the OEM parts. Their flywheels for an E-Tech/ASET engine are somewhere around 25% of the price of the Mack flywheel for the same engine. The same can be said for their EUPs, which are branded as being Bosch parts. I have never had any trouble with these parts when I installed them, nor can I recall trouble directly related to them. Check out member MalibuJim's PAI B61 in his gallery!

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"