R And R E6-350 Injector Pump

linrick1

Hi all, The injector pump is just about shot on our 89 R Model, E6-350,and I'm going to have to get it rebuilt soon. The plan is to remove the pump and send it out to be rebuilt, the install same. I'm curious what kind of job I'm looking at and what I want to be looking out for. Any and all advice, hints, tips tricks, etc. appreciated, Thanks, Rick

Edited by linrick1

Many of us have.

You will spend between $200.00 to $250.00 per barrel to have an injector pump rebuilt and calibrated correctly. Injection nozzels will run about $50.00 to $55.00 each to have rebuilt. Have everything done at the same time. Get a book and follow it to set the pump timing to the engine. It is not difficult if the steps are followed.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Guys, thought I might have said something wrong...........so its a pretty sraight forward job, good to know. am hoping to take it off and take it to RI for the rebuild this week. Have never done a pump before and Id rather ask questions first than find myself f$%@$ng something up later, Thanks again, Rick

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys, thought I might have said something wrong...........so its a pretty sraight forward job, good to know. am hoping to take it off and take it to RI for the rebuild this week. Have never done a pump before and Id rather ask questions first than find myself f$%@$ng something up later, Thanks again, Rick

Just remember where the dowel is on the shaft in relation to the drive gear inside the pump. The hardest part of the job is getting it lined up. Other then that, I've had a pump swap done in less then a hour.

Just remember where the dowel is on the shaft in relation to the drive gear inside the pump. The hardest part of the job is getting it lined up. Other then that, I've had a pump swap done in less then a hour.

Absolutely right, once we got it lined up, slid right in. The rest of the job has been straightforward, put her back together in the pouring rain Wednesday and all seems well after roughly 35 hours running time. Noticeably improved performance and egts. Thanks for the help, Rick