Budd Wheels For B 53

MACK MAN

I have two questions,I have a 1964 B 53 its on budds wheels,steel.I want to put aluminum wheels on the front axle can I get new wheel studs for the aluminum,the longer ones are they all a standard stud or a Mack special stud?

I want to put some high flotation tires on the front axle size 385/65/22.5 the parts place whats to know what offset I want or need? I called 3 tire shops and none of them can help me has anyone put the big tires up front and have any idea what offset I need?

Thanks AL

I have two questions,I have a 1964 B 53 its on budds wheels,steel.I want to put aluminum wheels on the front axle can I get new wheel studs for the aluminum,the longer ones are they all a standard stud or a Mack special stud?

I want to put some high flotation tires on the front axle size 385/65/22.5 the parts place whats to know what offset I want or need? I called 3 tire shops and none of them can help me has anyone put the big tires up front and have any idea what offset I need?

Thanks AL

Al,

When I put budds on the front of my first B-61,I needed longer studs also,they didn't have any on the shelf at the dealer and I'm sure the ones they ordered for me came from Midwest Wheel,so I'm sure you could get them at any heavy truck supplier.

Can't help you on the floation tires.

D J Smith had a B615 here in upstate ny a few years ago that he put floaters on the front with buds. think he sold it to someone down south. you could probably get ahold of doug fetterly, hed know how to get ahold of the Smiths. might even know off hand what offset to use. ~Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg