Getting Organized!

randyp

I ordered me some stuff from Northern Tool, it came in yesterday, and I got through installing it in my ole work truck bout dark tonight. Ole Blackie is a 93 chevy Z-71 I been driving it for 18 years now, not a bit of trouble with it, still strong. I emptied bed out of junk, poured lil de-greaser in it, went uptown and gave it a good washing out at carwash. I have never been a big fan of crossover toolboxes or even toolboxes that you just set in back, had a couple lifted out through the years, but thats a story for another post later,,,heh heh,,have a good chainsaw recovery story will tell later. Anyway, got a Geneva brand toolbox with 5 drawers bolted down in back of truck, its kinda neat, when you let tailgate down, theres a good worktable and tools areright there in drawers. I like it so much, gonna order another for other side when budget permits. It was kinda pricey, but is very well made with black powder coating. I keep a big socket set in cab, Craftsman in plastic case, and it fits good behind drivers seat so mostly just wanted something for wrenches and screwdrivers and small parts and stuff. I want another one!! randyp

post-4330-0-06950800-1300593221_thumb.jp

Lo-profile oil drain cart, gotta start doing own oil changes in big trucks, reason being,,thats story for later. Its made in china,,kinda thin and cheap, prolly cant get too rough with it, has rotary evacuation pump with 8 ft. hose, 129.00 with free shipping. randyp

post-4330-0-45973300-1300593702_thumb.jp

Lo-profile oil drain cart, gotta start doing own oil changes in big trucks, reason being,,thats story for later. Its made in china,,kinda thin and cheap, prolly cant get too rough with it, has rotary evacuation pump with 8 ft. hose, 129.00 with free shipping. randyp

Randy, that's not a bad price for the drain pan, at least if compared to some other ones that are on the market. I've seen similar pans from John Dow Industries being sold for close to $600! The one you bought looks a lot better than the plastic Lisle ones we have at work, and I think they were close to the same price, and they didn't include any kind of grate over the pan to catch dropped bolts, wrenches, kittens, watch crystals, etc. If you keep making such fiscally prudent purchases you'll probably put enough pennies away to get that second tool box!

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Thanks Rhasler, well, it was regularly $149.95, went on sale for $129.95, but I paid an extra $30.00 to join Northern Tools hotline club so i will get Free shipping for a year on anything else I order so I got the $30.00 back pretty quick cause shipping is really high. It weighed 53 pounds. I shouldnt be getting too rough with it anyway, and I liked the built in evac pump and hose. Heh,,the non-english speaking oil change laborers at truck service center here was making me really nervous. Hell, they dont even know wich way is loosening or tightening a bolt. I didnt wanna risk an engine screwing round with them yahoos. Our county here maintains a free oil disposal here so getting rid of oil has never been a problem. I have been known to put in brushpiles and burn too. (Dam sure aint putting no tires in there though, thats nuther story for later post,,,heh heh) randyp

Save your skull. Cut triangles out of tennis balls and glue them to the corners or the receiver.

You'll thank me later.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Save your skull. Cut triangles out of tennis balls and glue them to the corners or the receiver.

You'll thank me later.

Rob

Well ats a outstanding idea Rob, hadnt thought of that. I sure would hate to dent my new cart with my head. Thanks, and its not even later,,,randyp

You'll thank me later.

Rob

Gotta love the voice of experience

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

But how did you get it to stick on the wall like that? Can't see anything holding it.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.