Dedication:

Rob

A woman had 50 yard line tickets for the Super Bowl. As she sat down, a man came along and asked her if anyone is sitting in the seat next to her. "No," she said, "the seat is empty."

"This is incredible," said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the Super Bowl, the biggest sporting event in the world, and not use it?"

Somberly, the woman says, "Well... the seat actually belongs to me. I was supposed to come here with my husband, but he passed away. This is the first Super Bowl we have not been to together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that, that's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else - a friend or relative or even a neighbor to take the seat?" The woman shakes her head, "No, they're all at the funeral."

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ok!!!!! Say Happy BIRTHDAY to: Rowdy Rebel sometime TODAY!.....dangit......I can barely remember 32 years old.

HAPPY BD to ya ROWDY

mike

What's so happy about it? I was SUPPOSED to be wandering around a motorcycle show drooling over a bunch of stuff I can't afford and trying to talk my parents into buying some of it for me...but the stupid DMV wrecked them plans. I had to stick around here to renew my drivers license today since they were closed yesterday for Lincoln's birthday (which is today). Yeah, they were open today. :rolleyes:

Anyway, parents decided to go to the show today without me instead of waiting to go with me tomorrow...so even if I do drive all of the way up there, I'll be wandering around the show alone...and what fun is that? So, I canceled the trip up north. It's supposed to be in the mid-50's and sunny around here this weekend and I've got some work to do on my F250, Ranger, and 8N...maybe take my motorcycle out for a ride on Monday, too...who knows.

Only thing I'm missing by not going up there is getting to see my grandma. She was telling me that my uncle in Georgia is going to be heading up there to pick her up and take her down to my cousin's baby's (grandma's great grandbaby) baptism...then driving her home again. I suggested they drop her off here for a few days, then I'd drive her the rest of the way home that weekend. My uncle will have a full day's worth of driving cut out of his trip, I'll get to spend time with my grandma (and get some home-cooked meals)...a win-win. She seemed to like the idea, so we'll see. If I can think of a project that needs getting done around here that weekend, it'll give me an excuse to turn & burn when I drop her off instead of dropping by my parent's house for a visit with them. They were pissed when I did that the last time...I went up there to grab the old riding mower from my grandma, do a few chores nobody else in the family would do, and get back home...never told 'em I was coming and I was 1/2 way home before they knew I was there. They called to ask if I wanted that old mower because grandma had called them looking for the key earlier that day.

LOL. Parents number just popped up on the caller ID, but I was talking to the fiance so they got to listen to a message telling 'em my voicemail box is full. They were probably wondering whereabouts I am.

OK...just had a good long conversation with my older brother (the one just starting out driving trucks). He's got a real knucklehead for a "phase II" trainer....and mom & dad tried calling me 2 more times while I was on the phone with him. I should PROBABLY call them back.

Nah....

Holy crap. 4 friggin hours on the phone with my brother. Guess I ain't going to Show-Me's tonight. Sad thing is, I started typing this reply nearly 5 hours ago. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!