I Don't Get Paid Enough To Work This Hard...

RowdyRebel

Ha...talkin about hitting on something there. The co I go through has a bunch of douchebags brokered also, but it seems as though those who play politics the best get the better work, meanwhile those who know what they're doing and do it well get the scraps. And he takes 8% of gross for trailer rent. I figured it took a decent year to pay for a new dump trailer that way, so I bought one off the bat. If I've had to use one of his, be it a flatbed, lowboy or a different dump...I just fail to document it on the paperwork... B)

Some times I think maybe I don't bitch enough, as I see the a**hole crybabies get taken care of pretty well as you say. The company knows the more "challenging" runs are best left to the more professional operators. I enjoy a good challenge, but GEEZ, throw me a bone once in a while!

Gregg

Man i know thats right! i deliver furniture to big city hotels sometimes,and most of the time its a "mixed" load,meaning all sorts of things that go in the hotel,usually unloading is done by otherwise un-employed union members, so lamps have to be carried off the truck by electricians,bathroom fixtures by plumbers,wooden furniture by carpenters etc.! then there are the mandatory 1/2 hour breaks (1-2 hours) the hour lunch break (1-2 hours) which they normally return from drunk! "grievances" against members who have carried the "wrong" thing off the truck,so what could normally be accomplished in a few hours by me and a few professional movers for 2 or 3 hundred dollars takes all day sometimes into the night at a cost of several THOUSAND dollars! and we wonder why things cost so much,and why all the good jobs are going overseas! i have nothing personal against unions,think they were good at one time,but i really dont think someone working in a car factory in detroit should be "entitled" to make $80.00 an hour to screw a mirror onto a car door! when we're hemmoraging jobs here everyday! i'm thinking of learning to speak chinese so i'll be ready when our new masters take over!.............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Aint really any BIG ROAD that goes to Rosiclare, now is there, Rowdy LOL. Seriously, I ain't skeered to get off the interstate, I try to pick the straightest line from point A to B and go for it.

Well you prolly won't see me this week I am going the other way, starting out Monday AM in Massatooshits so wish me luck!

I think Rowdy prefers to be 'off the map'...

Myself, even though I pay myself to shift gears, I do appreciate some good cruise control time. The 'new' truck with its infinite power allows me to shift considerably less. B)

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

My first job was a camp counselor at a boy scout camp. We had a real hard-ass for a camp director, and on the first day every year, he gave his speech about how we were all employees of the camp, and that ANYTHING needing done at the camp was our job. He didn't care if our job title said "scoutcraft instructor" or "nature instructor", if the waterfront needed help Saturday morning for swim checks, THAT was our job. If the commissary needed an extra hand getting food ready for the units to pick up, THAT was our job. The first time he heard anyone utter the words "that ain't my job" they'd be on the next bus home.

I've taken that same attitude with me to every job I've worked since. Don't matter what it is, if it needs doing, it's my job.

I prolly wouldn't do too well in a union shop.

I wish I could do that to a few people around our shop. Have a few guys that stand around with dumb looks when something needs done and they don't want to do it. Our S/R guy WOULDN'T run a towmotor!!!! Ya, sure enough, he didn't want to, said "he didn't feel safe". So they had to pull a machinist off to load/unload trucks while S/R guy watched. Huh? Finally proded enough to finally get him to run the towmotor so he could do HIS job!! I've spent the last 25 freak'n years at this place doing ANYTHING to make sure the doors stayed open and I'll be damned if I'll watch these idiots screw it up. When asked what my job description is, I tell them "I do everything but sign the checks". Step up or get the heck out!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"