4 Spd Aux Tranny Shifter

Freightrain

Will be needing something to shift my 4 spd aux once I get the truck all done. Haven't had much luck locally, anyone happen to have one laying around they need to get rid of?

Give Dean a PM over on the ATHS site. He purchased all of his linkage and shifters new through Blumenthals in OKC, (they are a huge rebuilder) and I think they can still get the stuff.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

David, I need to shift to both sides of the box(underdrive), so I need a full shifter for it. What kind of linkage from a COE would work? Cable style?

Rob, I'll try Dean. I was hoping to find something cheap/easy? Adelmans didn't have anything in the system, but told me to come check trucks in the yard. Likely won't find what I need in the scrap side as most stuff there usually doesn't come with aux. trannys. A fellow on ATHS mentioned having one, but he's in Idaho.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The MH shifter transfers the two dimentional movement of the stick to a single rod with a u joint on each end. The rod twist and push/pulls. You would need to fab a conection at the trans so the twist would alternate the push/pull action between the two shift rods. Call me at 919-932-3344 if I can help.

The MH shifter transfers the two dimentional movement of the stick to a single rod with a u joint on each end. The rod twist and push/pulls. You would need to fab a conection at the trans so the twist would alternate the push/pull action between the two shift rods. Call me at 919-932-3344 if I can help.

The MH set up is lkly to bulky to what he's doing bro!

Train can you post a picture of the A box!???

The shifter block on top of the trans or bolted to the main trans is not difficult to make. I can try to get you a photo of mine in the A40 if needed. I think there is enough room under the cab to get a clear shot.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It's a Spicer 6041

SDC10752.jpg

SDC10734.jpg

I'd have to agree that a COE shifter might be a bit bulky to mount anywhere and get the linkage back to aux. tranny. Not alot of room under cab and a crossmember directly behind it that I need to work around. I understand how they work and what would need to be done, but not enough room.

I've had thoughts of building a block. Thick plate with two maybe 3/4" square sliding rods that are actuated by a shift handle(with a ball riding in slots on the squares). I realize it really isn't rocket science but sure would be easier to just buy it then make it right now. Got too many projects right now to add to the mess of putting one together. I have the technology, just not the time and energy. You know, LOL!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It's a Spicer 6041

SDC10752.jpg

SDC10734.jpg

I'd have to agree that a COE shifter might be a bit bulky to mount anywhere and get the linkage back to aux. tranny. Not alot of room under cab and a crossmember directly behind it that I need to work around. I understand how they work and what would need to be done, but not enough room.

I've had thoughts of building a block. Thick plate with two maybe 3/4" square sliding rods that are actuated by a shift handle(with a ball riding in slots on the squares). I realize it really isn't rocket science but sure would be easier to just buy it then make it right now. Got too many projects right now to add to the mess of putting one together. I have the technology, just not the time and energy. You know, LOL!!

I Agree with Rob just build it its just a hobby truck correct?