A Model Front Brake Linings

When I went to pick up my shoes for my 52 Type 75A from the re-liner he told me that the front linings are no longer available and that I got the last four he could locate. So, if you have been putting off getting the brakes done on your A it may be time to get off the schnied and get them done while you have a chance the jobber still has a stock of the linings.

The guy who owns the shop was quite upset because he said thse were a pretty common shoe and he was surprised they had stopped production.

One other tidbit if you are in need of a master cylinder. Much to my surprise Amazon stocked the master cylinder at a really good price; $129.00 delivered.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

When I went to pick up my shoes for my 52 Type 75A from the re-liner he told me that the front linings are no longer available and that I got the last four he could locate. So, if you have been putting off getting the brakes done on your A it may be time to get off the schnied and get them done while you have a chance the jobber still has a stock of the linings.

The guy who owns the shop was quite upset because he said thse were a pretty common shoe and he was surprised they had stopped production.

One other tidbit if you are in need of a master cylinder. Much to my surprise Amazon stocked the master cylinder at a really good price; $129.00 delivered.

The place I use will cut an oversize shoe and drill it to the correct mounting pattern. They purchase brake friction material in the correct curvature and then make it the correct width and length per application.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The place I use will cut an oversize shoe and drill it to the correct mounting pattern. They purchase brake friction material in the correct curvature and then make it the correct width and length per application.

Rob

That's what the jobber said he would have to do from now on, but he also said it increases the cost. More handwork=more cost.

That's why I posted this; just trying to save the hard working folks here some Washingtons.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

That's what the jobber said he would have to do from now on, but he also said it increases the cost. More handwork=more cost.

That's why I posted this; just trying to save the hard working folks here some Washingtons.

It's always "Franklins" for me.........

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Clutch and brake lining replacements are becoming more difficult to find as more and more regulations are poured on these manufacturers every day.

There is a great shop in Rochester, NY that will make and reline almost any antique truck clutch or brake. These guys also do classic car work for some of the really well known collectors around the country.

They did the relining of our B-67 brakes a couple of years ago - cost around $250.00 for all four corners. They also have done two clutch relinings along with pressure plate rebuilding and flywheel turning complete for around $420.00 for each truck.

They are about a fourth generation company in a really dilapidated building downtown - but they have the stuff, and they know their business.

Rochester Clutch and Brake Co., Inc.

(585)232-2579

Paul Van Scott

Antique trucks are always going to cost more to keep on the road per mile as they are are old and being replaced by new and the parts also dry up which is why they become worth more money. There is always alternatives but it does cost one way or another. The other thing to rememeber is the truck is most likely not working on a daily basis and it will take a long time for the next reline.

Clutch and brake lining replacements are becoming more difficult to find as more and more regulations are poured on these manufacturers every day.

There is a great shop in Rochester, NY that will make and reline almost any antique truck clutch or brake. These guys also do classic car work for some of the really well known collectors around the country.

They did the relining of our B-67 brakes a couple of years ago - cost around $250.00 for all four corners. They also have done two clutch relinings along with pressure plate rebuilding and flywheel turning complete for around $420.00 for each truck.

They are about a fourth generation company in a really dilapidated building downtown - but they have the stuff, and they know their business.

Rochester Clutch and Brake Co., Inc.

(585)232-2579

Yep, a place like that is priceless. I use Automotive Manufacturers in Richmond, VA. They are a really neat shop that also does a lot of work for car restorers around the country. And believe me the name is much more grand than the shop. It looks like it was pulled straight out of the 1950's. But, if you want a quality job at a good price on a generator, alternator, starter, brake or clutch lining re-build they are the place to go. 2400 N Lombardy St., Richmond, VA 23220 (804) 321-6861