Sleeping Arrangements

leversole

Where do you sleep when you go to shows? Those without sleepers? Take Lititz for example, I didnt notice any tents around? If you stay at a weekend show, wheere do you sleep Sat nite? What about dinner? Breakfast? Do people bring grills and such?

Would like to drive to the PA shows this year, just wondering what the regulars do for sleeping arrangements...

PS...In the future, I would like to fix up an old low boy so it looks like it is hauling a giant equipment crate, which would actually be a fully equipped RV style "overnighter"!

I see some folks go out to local motels to stay then return to the show. Best to make reservations in advance for that. There is also camping space available at Macungie if you are self-contained. Most with sleepers just stay in the their trucks, as I do. 2010 was the first year I was able to get to Macungie on Friday. The ATCA picnic and fellowship made it definitely worthwhile!

There are also food vendors at Macungie & Lititz open for breakfast and that all important morning coffee!

I'm playing with the idea of puchasing a double bunk truck sleeper, reinforce the roof for lifting eyes as to set it on my drop deck with the gantry, then chain it to the deck. I already have a small, quiet generator and a couple of 12vdc fans for installation in the sidewall. If I build up a small frame for the sleeper to sit upon, there should be enough room to incorporate a small water supply tank, pump and possibly a toilet. I have a lot of the needed items from junking out a camper.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I'm playing with the idea of puchasing a double bunk truck sleeper, reinforce the roof for lifting eyes as to set it on my drop deck with the gantry, then chain it to the deck. I already have a small, quiet generator and a couple of 12vdc fans for installation in the sidewall. If I build up a small frame for the sleeper to sit upon, there should be enough room to incorporate a small water supply tank, pump and possibly a toilet. I have a lot of the needed items from junking out a camper.

Rob

Build an outhouse....locate the toilet inside. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Build an outhouse....locate the toilet inside. :thumb:

I have one of those small toilets used in a camper with it's own tank underneath. I think it would fit under the lower bunk so you would lift the lower hinged bunk up, do your business, flush, close the lid and let the bunk back down.

Since my shit don't stink there is no need for air freshener.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have one of those small toilets used in a camper with it's own tank underneath. I think it would fit under the lower bunk so you would lift the lower hinged bunk up, do your business, flush, close the lid and let the bunk back down.

Since my shit don't stink there is no need for air freshener.

Rob

When my great granddaddy bought his first house with indoor plumbing, the FIRST thing he did was build an outhouse out back....

....because you don't do THAT in the house.

Not even a dog will shit where he sleeps, unless he's locked up and just can't hold it any longer. I'd say a dog won't shit where he eats, too, but a lot of them will turn around and eat their shit.puke.gif

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

When my great granddaddy bought his first house with indoor plumbing, the FIRST thing he did was build an outhouse out back....

....because you don't do THAT in the house.

Not even a dog will shit where he sleeps, unless he's locked up and just can't hold it any longer. I'd say a dog won't shit where he eats, too, but a lot of them will turn around and eat their shit.puke.gif

Yup, we put us an outhouse in at the property several years ago. We now have a trailer there but still use the outhouse daily.

Rob