Good Things For Mack

Heard today that Martins Potatoe Rolls in Chambersburg Pa has ordered about a dozen new Macks. They were a long time Mack customer years ago and then started buying IH. This is good to hear for Mack. Also heard that Chambersburg Waste Paper will be taking delivering of some new roll offs soon. They have always bought freightliners and western stars. If this is all true it will be great for Mack.

P.S. Today the dealer took care of our boost pressure sensor problem finally.

Heard today that Martins Potatoe Rolls in Chambersburg Pa has ordered about a dozen new Macks. They were a long time Mack customer years ago and then started buying IH. This is good to hear for Mack. Also heard that Chambersburg Waste Paper will be taking delivering of some new roll offs soon. They have always bought freightliners and western stars. If this is all true it will be great for Mack.

P.S. Today the dealer took care of our boost pressure sensor problem finally.

Our new truck sales have really shot up here in the last 2 months. Sold 2 new 2011 505 HP CHU's on new years eve. We now have several 505HP SCR engines running in our area. Our truck sales were ordering more today.

I heard from the saleman that Martin is trading in the MH's for the new CXU's. The MH's were the last new Mack's they bought. They had bought some used CH's but the rest of the fleet has been International. Looks like they are buying some Mack's due to International's performance.

I realize weight is not a concern,but i was always curious why Martins insisted on running "spoke"wheels on all their equipment,seems to me steel or aluminum wheels would be more appropriate at trade-in time for re-sale etc......just a thought, Mark

post-5836-0-85409100-1295027754_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I realize weight is not a concern,but i was always curious why Martins insisted on running "spoke"wheels on all their equipment,seems to me steel or aluminum wheels would be more appropriate at trade-in time for re-sale etc......just a thought, Mark

i drove for eejay out of east st.louis for a while, they had dayton wheels on everything so drivers could change a flat tire, minamume tools needed to change a dayton.

that was before hub pilot wheels, back then i think everything was stud pilot???????

i know if i had to change one by hand i would rather it be a dayton......

When they bought all there new IH's they went with steel as well as on there new trailers.

1 of 12 ran down the line today. It's a baby blue CXU sleeper.

I've seen some old Martin's CH's and MH's on Rt 78.

Seen a load of Macks today at a rest area on 81. There were 3 baby blue cxu's w/sleeper and a chu day cab. The baby blues looked like Martins color, but they had polished aluminum wheels and were tandems. Are these Martins???

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a load of Macks today at a rest area on 81. There were 3 baby blue cxu's w/sleeper and a chu day cab. The baby blues looked like Martins color, but they had polished aluminum wheels and were tandems. Are these Martins???

Here's the first...

post-334-0-84170800-1296047290_thumb.jpg