Macks In Manhattan

bubbamobilin

I took my wife to Manhattan this weekend for her birthday/anniversary/Christmas present. I loved the sights and sounds especially the Mack trucks working all over town. RD's and Granites with big heavy rears doing the work those brand x trucks can't handle. Got busted one time though. We were down at Ground Zero and I heard a truck with a straight pipe and I said that sounds like a Mack. Sure enough a RD rolloff came around the corner with a 6" straight pipe and she said only you would come to New York and think about trucks.

You'd be suprized just how many classic/vintage macks that there are still working in the NY/NJ metro area,not all that unusual to see a B-80 series dumptruck or a DM-800 series still running around earning their keep!........if ya'get up early one morning,keep a eye out (and an ear!)for the private garbage trucks,NY has some of the cleanest,fanciest trucks in the country!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

NYC The city that had Concrete Mixer's that were heaver then the Army's biggest Tank (15 to 18 yd's 4,000 lb. per yd). A couple of Colonial S&S trucks actually fell through the streets of NYC !!

BULLHUSK

Hey ernie,long time no see! so how ya'doin? me workin like a chinese beaver! but im home for a few days.......i seen pictures of those S&s trucks in wheels of time CCC trucks? i think?.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

HEY Mark,

Just been runnin around,I as sick back in Oct. for about three weeks, that realy sucked!! Finally got my Brockway 361 on the road (tandem dump) I'll be using that for bringin fill up to the property in Northamton PA.(still trying to get the money from the banks ta put A freakin building up!!!)other then that??same old s_ _ _ t different day!!

Ernie PS have A great Christmas an A happy an healthy NEW YEAR

Chicago still has a good handfull of R models running around but I have not seen a B model that was working on the road in 3 years. in the past 8 years Most of the big construction fleets switched to Pete or KW when they bought their last round of new trucks . Even Meyer meterial went to KW after being pretty much 100% Mack. they had a few Fords and some Oskosh from the mid 90s but the DMs and R models were there truck of choice untill recently. Seams like every year I see less and less macks around here. on the bright side I still see a few large fleets that have bought some new Macks for lowboy use.

You'd be suprized just how many classic/vintage macks that there are still working in the NY/NJ metro area,not all that unusual to see a B-80 series dumptruck or a DM-800 series still running around earning their keep!........if ya'get up early one morning,keep a eye out (and an ear!)for the private garbage trucks,NY has some of the cleanest,fanciest trucks in the country!........Mark

I was surprised at how clean these trucks were, even the garbage trucks. Sharp paint, and lots of chrome. The rears of some of the Granite concrete trucks looked like they should be running in a mine somewhere not on city streets. I sure they were 50K plus, and they had the full floating axles. Why do they spec these trucks so heavy for city work?

NYC has always been Mack territory going back to when Gus started building them there. It was a sad day when FDNY had to go from being basically all Mack to other builders.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!