Air To Air Core

TMK

Have a CH 613 in the shop for engine work . Asked to have the air to air system pressure tested .

Tested at an 8 psi drop in pressure in 15 seconds at initial 30 PSI charge . Specs call for a 5 PSI drop in 15 sec . Shop foreman said leave it till it gets worse ,at least 15 psi loss . What are your thoughts, leave it alone or change it to a Duralite core ? Would certainly appreciate your comments . Thanks !

Have a CH 613 in the shop for engine work . Asked to have the air to air system pressure tested .

Tested at an 8 psi drop in pressure in 15 seconds at initial 30 PSI charge . Specs call for a 5 PSI drop in 15 sec . Shop foreman said leave it till it gets worse ,at least 15 psi loss . What are your thoughts, leave it alone or change it to a Duralite core ? Would certainly appreciate your comments . Thanks !

I agree , Hes givin ya straight goods,If Ya got the money DO as as hes says duratlite If not, don't waste the money that is not a a bad leak It really has to be a gusher before it will affect performance!

check where the leak is, a good welding shop can fix it for less then 50$ if it's only a small crack or a rock dent and you won't pay 1000$ for a new one in two month.. welding a tank is easy, removing a few row in the rad is not impossible also. when you loose boost pressure you loose power, same fuel for less power is not what you're looking for i'm sure! the guy at the shop don't look too serious. would you go back at the shop every month to see if it get worse? you'll notice it when boost pressure on your gauge will lower a lot. all this time your turbo will be spining hard for nothing. my 2 cents! truck is in the shop, don't take it back inside, get it on a job site!

Thanks for the comments I dcided to get them to install a Duralite core and be done with it . Hopefully one less thing to worry about for the next number of years . Had a Rad shop in Grande Prairie patch an air - air core on a Duramax a couple of years back with a special epoxy . The rad man said he had good luck on pick-up cores but would not attempt repairing a heavy truck core due to vibration and especially if used in an off road situation .

Thanks for the comments I dcided to get them to install a Duralite core and be done with it . Hopefully one less thing to worry about for the next number of years . Had a Rad shop in Grande Prairie patch an air - air core on a Duramax a couple of years back with a special epoxy . The rad man said he had good luck on pick-up cores but would not attempt repairing a heavy truck core due to vibration and especially if used in an off road situation .

Basically 90 percent or more of the trucks in my area are off road (way off road) and the epoxy definitely holds up better than the OEM job. Can't hardly beat the Duralite though.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"