865 V8 Water Pump

albaker

73 R Model:

If you have the pump Arthur Gould will rebuild it. He does excellent work. (631) 269-0093 arthurgouldrebuilders.com

Firemack

I sent my pump to them, they were not able to rebuild it but they took the time to call me twice and let me know what was going on. If I had to get another pump rebuilt I would still send it to them, they are really easy to deal with!

David

1948 Mack Pumper

Thanks for the replies. My main problem is that I do not have the original pump; it had been robbed along with the housing when I got the truck. I now have a good housing and a pump that was supposed to work, but the pilot shaft diameter is too big. If I had a drawing or some specs for the original, this would be helpful in that I could have the pilot shaft for this, evidently later model, pump machined down if that is the only difference.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I HAVE A COUPLE OF REBUILDABLE CORES ( HOUSINGS AND ALL ) PLUS A NEW REMANED PUMP STILL IN THE BOX FOR AN 866 V8 . THEY USE THE SAME PUMP. I DON'T REALLY HAVE ANY USE FOR THEM SINCE THE TRUCK I KEPT THEM FOR WAS WRECKED. ALSO HAVE ALOT OF OTHER 866 PARTS AND KNOW WHER TO FIND ALOT OF HARD TO FIND STUFF FOR THEM. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL. I'M UP HERE IN WINDSOR ONTARIO, CANADA. CALL ME IN THE DAY AT MY TRUCK PHONE (519)-965-7394 OR IN THE EVENING AT (519)-839-4706 ASK FOR DAN.

• 4 years later...

On my restoration, I sent mine back to the Mack Reman. Center and they rebuilt mine and sent it back. You would have to go thru the Mack dealer of your choice.

Do you remember how much it cost to rebuild the water pump?

• 7 years later...

I've used them over a dozen times myself, always good work. They have many cores in stock if you ship them something and it is not repairable also.

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.