What Is This V8

what is a etczb 1000

That is the early designation of the California spec E9 series engine with "Dynatard" built prior to 4/1/1980 if memory serves.

Never had one so just a guess from seeing it in a book.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Why do you ask? They started making them in 1975 for R700s. They didn't an air to air cooler

like the E9s. Did you find one if so I'd really like to see pictures of it.?

Josh :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT:

yes i found one 12 speed 44 thousand rears day cab guy wants 12000 thousand for it it has 110000 miles and 5500 engine hours is that a bad price

If you don't mind my asking what's the Model# and Vin# on this truck. I was doing a little historical

research a while ago on here about the 1000 V8's and the trucks they were in. I correct myself from earlier,

the very last 1000's had the air to air set up right before they went to the E9 designation. If you

could take some pictures of it :thumb: it would be really neat to see. As for the price factor a Friend of mine just bought

a 95 CL chassis with a V8 that didn't have a cab or hood for $9000 and it had 400000 miles on it.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Josh :mack1::SMOKIE-LFT:

If you don't mind my asking what's the Model# and Vin# on this truck. I was doing a little historical

research a while ago on here about the 1000 V8's and the trucks they were in. I correct myself from earlier,

the very last 1000's had the air to air set up right before they went to the E9 designation. If you

could take some pictures of it :thumb: it would be really neat to see. As for the price factor a Friend of mine just bought

a 95 CL chassis with a V8 that didn't have a cab or hood for $9000 and it had 400000 miles on it.

I hope this helps.

this truck does have air to air

I hope this helps.

Do you know where the CL chassis came from? I was watching one on BigTruckSalvage that sold for $8,600 that needed a cab and hood. The truck was in Maine and had 1,100,000 miles on it.

Thanks, Mike

Live every day like it's your last, because one of these days, it will be.

The dad of a friend of my Dad's bought the CL in Texas and brought it up here to Pennsylvania because he has another CL V8 log turck that rolled

over last year and he took the cab and hood off of it for the log truck. From there he sold the

chassis to another friend of ours who lives in Wexford Pa and I know he isn't going to sell it

because he now in total 9 E9 V8 Macks. A little long winded but should answer your question.