Cold Water Leak

cgallamore

ITS RUNNING DOWN THE BLOCK BEHIND THE Y WHERE THE COOLANT SCREEN IS LOCATED.

I CAN'T SEE WERE ITS COMING FROM????????????

it doesn't show till several hrs. after shut down, and stops before morning.

I've had the hose between the oil cooler and the back of the water pump assembly leak before even after reassembling with new silicone hose. I made sure to clean all of the metal pipe connections before putting it back together. I ended up using black rubber EPDM hose and all new clamps before it stopped. I've also seen several cases where the coolant was coming from the connection for the air compressor near the front left side of the front cylinder head or from the thermostat housing/hose and running down the block.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I've had the hose between the oil cooler and the back of the water pump assembly leak before even after reassembling with new silicone hose. I made sure to clean all of the metal pipe connections before putting it back together. I ended up using black rubber EPDM hose and all new clamps before it stopped. I've also seen several cases where the coolant was coming from the connection for the air compressor near the front left side of the front cylinder head or from the thermostat housing/hose and running down the block.

I have this problem every year when the weather starts cooling down. My most recent aggravating cold leak was the one rhasler has described on the water pump inlet pipe. I've noticed if I use only silicone hose and put a little grease on the nipple so the hose slides on and seats easier I don't have so many problems.

ya gota love it

new screen

12 gallons of coolant

just to tighten a clamp

don't feel bad. Last week my buddy stopped in Shreveport and filled up with fuel then got over to the 140 mile marker about 135 miles and it went dead and wouldn't start back. He called and had it wrecker back to Fruitliner Shreveport. After running up a $1000+ wrecker bill and $600+ shop bill they found somebody had stole his fuel while he was eating supper. He's an old hand out here and should have known to check the fuel flow but he screwed up this time.

don't feel bad. Last week my buddy stopped in Shreveport and filled up with fuel then got over to the 140 mile marker about 135 miles and it went dead and wouldn't start back. He called and had it wrecker back to Fruitliner Shreveport. After running up a $1000+ wrecker bill and $600+ shop bill they found somebody had stole his fuel while he was eating supper. He's an old hand out here and should have known to check the fuel flow but he screwed up this time.

Man thats rough! but S**T happens! don't mean ya gotta like it though!.......my one and only experience with a wrecker cost me a little over $800.00 for a little less than 20 miles! i have always thought maybe i was in the wrong business!......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Man thats rough! but S**T happens! don't mean ya gotta like it though!.......my one and only experience with a wrecker cost me a little over $800.00 for a little less than 20 miles! i have always thought maybe i was in the wrong business!......Mark

wreckers around here are legalized rape nowadays. Most get $350 for hook-up plus minimum $5 per mile on long pulls. On short pulls they get anywhere from $125 to $300 per hour plus the $350 hook-up, if they pull the trailer with you it goes up from that.

a few months back I paid $750 for a 275 mile tow and thought he cut me a deal. He didn't wrecker it-- he brought a double drop and hauled me in.

wreckers around here are legalized rape nowadays. Most get $350 for hook-up plus minimum $5 per mile on long pulls. On short pulls they get anywhere from $125 to $300 per hour plus the $350 hook-up, if they pull the trailer with you it goes up from that.

a few months back I paid $750 for a 275 mile tow and thought he cut me a deal. He didn't wrecker it-- he brought a double drop and hauled me in.

Yup and notice there all driving older reliable rigs?!!!!!!!!!!!! Hummmmmmmmmm! Whats up with that! :pat:

Y'all don't want to break down here. somebody has to pay for this

post-4436-074475800 1286753059_thumb.jpg

That even looks expensive so I'd be afraid to ask the rates. Last time I went over my insurance policy my agent ask if I was interested in wrecker coverage. I never heard of it before and I thought he was kidding but I don't think he was kidding now.

good news screen looks like new

bad news, how the hell do you get to that hose???????????????????

If I remember correctly you have to take just about everything off to get it in and out. There are 3 10mm bolts in the flange on the pipe holding it to the back of the water pump assembly, take the small hose connected to the stub on the same pipe loose, you may need to pull the coolant filter head too. It's kind of a trick to get it out, you have to twist it just right and slide the hose up as much as you can. You may want to disconnect the battery so you don't arc anything on the alternator.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

If I remember correctly you have to take just about everything off to get it in and out. There are 3 10mm bolts in the flange on the pipe holding it to the back of the water pump assembly, take the small hose connected to the stub on the same pipe loose, you may need to pull the coolant filter head too. It's kind of a trick to get it out, you have to twist it just right and slide the hose up as much as you can. You may want to disconnect the battery so you don't arc anything on the alternator.

All while standing on your head, one hand tied behind your back and reciting your ABC's backwards after naming all 50 state capitals in reverse alphabetical order. :banana:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg