Pulling Door / Window Panel

I have not done it in a few years but if remember

you need to remove the door lock and door handel.

remove the screws for the locking latch on the side of the door.

roll the window all the way down

remove the inner window and door handels.

with all this removed

lift the panel up about 3 inches and then when the bottom clears pull down and outward.

hope I diddent miss anything

trent

What about the small circular panel at bottom of door?? This is the lower stop?? It needs removed before the assy can come out...doesn't it??

It's been like 4 yrs since I played with them.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

you might be right Larry, that would alow the window to go down more.

I pulled the R model panels out recently and they are very simmilar to a b model but dont have that stop at the bottom.

Thanks you both!

George

Hi George. I've just taken both of mine out to replace the glass for my rejuvenation.

The only thing I would add to the above suggestions are;

1) I found no need to remove the inner door handle and window winder. They come out with the panel.

2) DO NOT remove any of the screws around the window winder or along the centre of the panel (I did and then found that these held the winding mechanism all in place). Just remove the screws AROUND the panel.

Regards, Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

I have a similar problem with my driver's door (RHS in Australia!). Have half done it and got all of the window down but....

Glad I read this post, it looks like I have a couple of little things to do to get it right. Was following instructions that were slightly off! :pat:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Guys

I have a similar problem with my driver's door (RHS in Australia!).  Have half done it and got all of the window down but....

Glad I read this post, it looks like I have a couple of little things to do to get it right.  Was following instructions that were slightly off!  :pat:

Hi Andy, Will we see you sand gropers at The Alice in 2 weeks time? Hope so.

Regards, Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Hi Andy, Will we see you sand gropers at The Alice in 2 weeks time? Hope so.

Regards, Rod.

G'day Rod!!!!

How are ya?! Was just thinking about you the other day as I'm trying to get back in touch with all of the Mack guys that I used to chat to. Have left the truck driving on the mines (which was way more fun than working down south in an office) and am working in Perth.

I'm afraid I'm not going to the Alice. Since we last spoke, I've got engaged and am getting married in Greece in September!!!! Neither of is Greek, we just thought it'd be a cool thing to do. Jodi even understands old trucks! Not her passion, but she understands them! We've bought a house and are enjoying being home every night instead of 1 week out of 3 (fly in fly out on the mine we were at, where we met).

However, there's a heap of guys going from the West. Most that I know aren't taking trucks though, they're doing the caravan thing. I do know of a guy who I met a couple of years ago with a B61 who was hoping to have her finished for the Alice. I think she'll be a black bogie drive, the guy's name is Batty Napoli. Should give him a ring, methinks!

How goes your old banger? Not much progress on mine since we last talked, hoping to get back into her after the wedding, replacing an air line at present so not much happening.

Bloody great to hear from you. My emails are andreww@downingteal.com and andywright@westnet.com.au. Have a great trip....and give all of the Macks there a pat for me! Love to see that A model that's going.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries