Grrrr.... 76mf432...

My new to me 92 R Model has an E7-400. The darned surge tank is leaking and has me down. It doesnt seem like there is a new spare in existence! An outfit and big (and useless) as Worldwide has 5 in their whole system. I was sent on a wild goose chase today to get one of those and they mysteriously couldnt locate it once I arrived...grrrrr... Barry, whats the deal on these things? Do they not tear up much or is their a big run on them or soemthing..lol.

My new to me 92 R Model has an E7-400. The darned surge tank is leaking and has me down. It doesnt seem like there is a new spare in existence! An outfit and big (and useless) as Worldwide has 5 in their whole system. I was sent on a wild goose chase today to get one of those and they mysteriously couldnt locate it once I arrived...grrrrr... Barry, whats the deal on these things? Do they not tear up much or is their a big run on them or soemthing..lol.

I assume you mean the coolant overflow/expansion tank? If you cannot find a new or acceptable used one; If the material is either plastic, or aluminum, I can repair it. Let me know.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I assume you mean the coolant overflow/expansion tank? If you cannot find a new or acceptable used one; If the material is either plastic, or aluminum, I can repair it. Let me know.

Rob

Repairing the old one for a spare is a definite if possible. Im not going through this again..lol.

76MF432 are readily available at our PDC's...no back orders!! Worldwide must be yanking your chain because they don't have it in stock...

1MF_2155-2B.GIF

Thats what Im saying as well Barry...the sad thing is they are about the only Mack dealer within 300 miles. They bought out all the other dealers. They got a nice monopoly down here. As I said..they are fairly useless... a lot of people got away from Macks because of them.

Well I got it and got it installed. Hauled 2 loads and the shutdown light and buzzer started coming on. The shutdown has been shut off (LMAO) on this truck so I went ahead and dumped the load and started checking the truck out. Oil and water level fine...when I finally found out what had caused it...one of the wires on the water level sensor was either too tight or too loose. So I took it off put it back on and tightened it down again and no more trouble..lol. No wonder the shutdown has been disabled. This is my first computer motor. Powerwise its an absolute beast and I love everything about the truck...but I dunno bout something that finicky..lol.

Being my first E7 i definitely like it better than the E6 and the 2 valves so far except for the uneasiness about the computer. I guess anything new is scary...lol. The engine brake is a lot better than my other Macks and the power...lol...it dont feel like a Mack... :D