Body Bound Bolts

bobo

Sure hope nobody has to buy any body bound bolts, I got all 16. $32 for top, $28 for bottom.(list price) OUCH! good thingt my parts guys like me!

Is that EACH or for the whole lot?

I've learned not to buy inner & outer nuts for my stud-piloted wheels at the Mack dealer...they are 1/4 the price just up the road from 'em. For general hardware stuff I usually dig into the grade 8 bulk bins at TSC or Rural King...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Is that EACH or for the whole lot?

I've learned not to buy inner & outer nuts for my stud-piloted wheels at the Mack dealer...they are 1/4 the price just up the road from 'em. For general hardware stuff I usually dig into the grade 8 bulk bins at TSC or Rural King...

THAT WAS EACH! A TOTAL OF $400! The bolt are 20mm threads and 21mm shank(interferance fit) If I thinking i would have just reamed the holes out and used 7/8, BUT then they wouldnt have said MACK on them like the $32 bolts do! bobo

THAT WAS EACH! A TOTAL OF $400! The bolt are 20mm threads and 21mm shank(interferance fit) If I thinking i would have just reamed the holes out and used 7/8, BUT then they wouldnt have said MACK on them like the $32 bols did! bobo

Soooooo, they were worth every penny?????

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Well Rob Its like the girls I went out with in high school... THEY looked pretty! boB0

Grade 8 "shoulder bolts" are available in the aftermarket but not usually in the size you need for trucks. I purchased a "Hougen" magnetic drill press for this operation with 2" deep cutters. After locating suspension and such, and clamping securely, you then drill through everything with the correct size cutter for the bolt. Quite simple that way and if doing more than a single chassis in one's lifetime, is worth the tooling cost(s). Use hardened fasteners including the flat washers and I like red "Loctite" as assurance.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

THAT WAS EACH! A TOTAL OF $400! The bolt are 20mm threads and 21mm shank(interferance fit) If I thinking i would have just reamed the holes out and used 7/8, BUT then they wouldnt have said MACK on them like the $32 bolts do! bobo

If you are restoring the truck and want it to be as OEM as humanly possible for maximum potential appraised value, then I'd say use the OEM bolts....otherwise, I would have figured out a way to make cheaper bolts work and saved the cash.

...but that's just me. ...then again I'm a cheap bastard. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!