Bad Shaking

Mack CF

All I know is this same question seams to come up once every 3 weeks. A bad vibration can be so many things that many times its not just one problem... I had a bad U joint that took grease and did not leak out. Dident know untill I replaced it. then I had a bad drive tire. Belts were shot and was way out of balance. Worn cab rubbers may have magnified the issue so I replaced them at the same time..All examples shook the truck just the same. started at 35mph and went away around 50. if you stayed in the power it was less. worse when coasting... Its just one of those gremlins that you will have to chase.

Also, what should the tire pressure should be on it? I just checked all and got RF - 47 LF - 44 Rear 48 all.

THey are 10.00 - 20 tube style tires, non radial.

Never ran tube tires.... I always ran what the mfg said was the max. unless it was a show truck, then I ran as low as 80 in the steer and 50 psi just for ride comfort to and from local shows...

• 2 months later...

On my CF 600 at about 40 MPH to 50 MPH, it stops after about 51. But im getting a really bad shaking, it feels like a tire is completely flat. Any idea what it could be? It rumbles through the steering wheel as well.

your front rotors are warpt you need them resufaced or replaced you may need pads replaced get them checked out asap

Never ran tube tires.... I always ran what the mfg said was the max. unless it was a show truck, then I ran as low as 80 in the steer and 50 psi just for ride comfort to and from local shows...

Cold weather has adverse effects on bias ply tires. When they sit for extended periods they seem to take what is called a set, or a flat spot, where they meet the ground. When you use them every day, they will still take a set, or flat spot, which will go away after a few miles, as the tires warm up.

In the past I never owned a non working truck, and have been more concerned with tire life, than ride. An elderly, under inflated, flat spotted, bias ply tire is more likely to expire than smooth out.

at least put some air in it. You may find inflation values that were molded on the tire.

I guess I put this in the wrong place, since Trent knows all this. I am a little flat spotted and stuck to the ground myself.

A set radials at least on the steer would make a tremendous difference in your ride,in the mean time jack up the front and check the tires for roundness and make sure there on straight use a block of wood while you spin the tire.Check the tie rod ends,drag link and also a weak power steering pump or one low on fluid will cause a front end wobble,good luck

• 2 months later...

i guess ill start here even though its an old thread. ch 613 mack steer axle shake felt like tire out of round put new steers on and did exactly the same thing on the way home from the tire god. swapped some wheels around to the steer position still same old shake. this truck had new king pins in summer of 2009 where do i go from here? it deffinatly feels like its comeing from the front end also i put new shocks all the way around the truck end of last summer.