Antique Tags For Trailer?

I have NYS Historical tags on my 1969 DM. Has anyone have or heard of that type of tag on an antique trailer? I have a chance to purchase 1962 Trailermobile Moving Van from fellow ATHS member. I'd eventually use it when I convert my mixer to a tractor. The DMV told me they have no idea, Albany told me to go to local DMV..... Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

To fellow NYers, Afte a long day at DMV I got a maybe and an I don't see why not. for Historical trailer tags. The large,angry clerk said they issue antique tags for antique camper trailers and boat trailer combos,your Trailer Moblie is the same right?. I see a light...............

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

To fellow NYers, Afte a long day at DMV I got a maybe and an I don't see why not. for Historical trailer tags. The large,angry clerk said they issue antique tags for antique camper trailers and boat trailer combos,your Trailer Moblie is the same right?. I see a light...............

To the best of my knowlege there is not such a thing around here for trailers. Semi trailer plates however are inexpensive in Illinois.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...

After calling Albany so many times I now know the number by heart. NYDMV says I can run 1962 plates on the 1962

trailermobile and register it as Historical. We're now trying to locat 1962 plates with the ' 62 date tag.....maybe at Hersey this month. Paul

P.T.CHESHIRE

After calling Albany so many times I now know the number by heart. NYDMV says I can run 1962 plates on the 1962

trailermobileand register it as Historical. We're now trying to locat 1962 plates with the ' 62 date tag.....maybe at Hersey this month. Paul

Hersheys about the best place i can think of to find something like that,maybe fall carlisle,or englishtown,NJ i was reading in a issue of hemmings motor news about a guy that restores and customises vintage plates,just seems truck and commercial plates are a lot harder to come by!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

"The large,angry clerk"

I think those are the only kind you will find at any NYS DMV. Once at the DMV I was next on the long never ending snake line to get my ticket and the person in front was issued their ticket and I began to approach the counter. The clerk barks at me in the most angry black woman voice "Did you hear me call next? Get back on line". I take one step back to the line stand there for about 5 seconds while she does nothing but glare at me and then calls next. I couldn't help but laugh (few others did too) and man did she have an angry look on her face. Best part was I did not hear her call next the entire time and the person in front of me just walked up to the counter.

I hate the DMV.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I have my 1966 Freuhauf 40ft SS box on the road in NY State with a Maine plate. Last year I bought the trailer from a freinds father who is a hay and shavings dealer/trucker down the road from my house here in Central NY. Trailer didnt have a title, but he could put it through his dealership on the road in Maine. The registration is good till 2014 now, and that registration becomes the title now since its that old. Another friend of mine has a 2009 PJ 40ft gooseneck on the road through Maine also. Here's the phone number for Maine DMV:

1-207-624-9000 ext52151.

I dint get to do any of the footwork for my trailer, the dealer I got it from did it, cost about $75?? bux and was in my hand in less than a week. Impressive. Im pretty sure a "commoner" could do this too. My DMV here in Herkimer County is awesome.. no female Newmans, i never have problems and... theres a few good looking gals there too!! ;}

I have my 1966 Freuhauf 40ft SS box on the road in NY State with a Maine plate. Last year I bought the trailer from a freinds father who is a hay and shavings dealer/trucker down the road from my house here in Central NY. Trailer didnt have a title, but he could put it through his dealership on the road in Maine. The registration is good till 2014 now, and that registration becomes the title now since its that old. Another friend of mine has a 2009 PJ 40ft gooseneck on the road through Maine also. Here's the phone number for Maine DMV:

1-207-624-9000 ext52151.

I dint get to do any of the footwork for my trailer, the dealer I got it from did it, cost about $75?? bux and was in my hand in less than a week. Impressive. Im pretty sure a "commoner" could do this too. My DMV here in Herkimer County is awesome.. no female Newmans, i never have problems and... theres a few good looking gals there too!! ;}

That is different. All the females working the secretary of state's office here know nothing other than passenger car plates, don't care about anything other than quitting time, and abnormally stress the floor joists as they walk.

No mirrors so nothing gets broken.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

"The large,angry clerk"

I think those are the only kind you will find at any NYS DMV. Once at the DMV I was next on the long never ending snake line to get my ticket and the person in front was issued their ticket and I began to approach the counter. The clerk barks at me in the most angry black woman voice "Did you hear me call next? Get back on line". I take one step back to the line stand there for about 5 seconds while she does nothing but glare at me and then calls next. I couldn't help but laugh (few others did too) and man did she have an angry look on her face. Best part was I did not hear her call next the entire time and the person in front of me just walked up to the counter.

I hate the DMV.

Yeah ,every trip to the DMV is an adventure...The last pleasent trip was in 1974 to the DMV at Roosevelt Raceway....I only left slightly sick. I won't believe anyoff this until I have the tags on the trailer and the reggi in my pocket.

P.T.CHESHIRE