Ai 460- 05 Granite- Aftermarket Performance?

jm3isme

we have a 2005 mack granite with a 460, 18 speed, 4.35:1 ratio in the rears.... its a dog, had mack put a different program in it, it ran noticibly better but just want more!!!...i tried searching from time to time on google to try and find companies that make any aftermarket performance upgrades (programmers, turbos, injectors, anything!), but have yet to find anything. i have also heard rumors about tinkering with the air sensors on the intake to fool the engine to work harder, but that seems like a hoak, i never noticed anything more from it... so im asking any you guys out there if you have ever came across any tricks or any website that has anything to add any more power to an ai 460. thanks, Joey

we have a 2005 mack granite with a 460, 18 speed, 4.35:1 ratio in the rears.... its a dog, had mack put a different program in it, it ran noticibly better but just want more!!!...i tried searching from time to time on google to try and find companies that make any aftermarket performance upgrades (programmers, turbos, injectors, anything!), but have yet to find anything. i have also heard rumors about tinkering with the air sensors on the intake to fool the engine to work harder, but that seems like a hoak, i never noticed anything more from it... so im asking any you guys out there if you have ever came across any tricks or any website that has anything to add any more power to an ai 460. thanks, Joey

check out these 2 web sites BOBO

http://www.steinbauer.cc/neu/index.php?select_id=6

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180558457060

Call Rochester Fuel they list performance CCRS injectors which are the same injector body as the AI injectors. I have talked to them before and they were very kowledgeable. http://www.rochesterfuel.com/products/etech-ccrs-stage-performance-injectorexchange-p-200.html

you might want to talk to thunderdog on the forum here he did some stuff to his it pulls OK now ;)! Drop him a PM.

• 3 months later...

hey joey, was wondering if u've made any aftermarket changes on your granite yet? i have an 05 granite too with an AI-427 was gonna go to mack and see what they could do but saw that you were looking into steinbauer and i am curious how you made out if you went that route? let me know thanks. steve