Happy Labor Day Yall

bulldog man

Happy Labor DAY To my BMT Family . :chili:

Ya i know it's a day or 2 early but just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy Labor Day just in case i don't get back near a computer fer a couple of days.

Seriously thinking of slowing cooking me a Boston Butt fer Labor Day. & have me some BBQ .

Maybe I'd better cook 2 just in case Herb,Rob & Tom. show up w/ their appetites :P:lol:

What's everybody got planned for the long weekend ?

Later y'all

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Ya i know it's a day or 2 early but just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy Labor Day just in case i don't get back near a computer fer a couple of days.

Seriously thinking of slowing cooking me a Boston Butt fer Labor Day. & have me some BBQ .

Maybe I'd better cook 2 just in case Herb,Rob & Tom. show up w/ their appetites :P:lol:

Later y'all

Well, I'm in Chicago this weekend where my son treated us to a Cub's game, along with a family cookout.

As a sideline venue, he informed us, we are going to be first time grandparents.

Congratulations are in order for both Colby, and Melissa.

Happy Labor Day to you and yours.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Unfortunately I'll be laboring on labor day :pat: oh well that's life in the oil business got to do my part in keeping America moving, but I hope everybody here at BMT has a relaxing and wonderful holiday :clap:

Edited by Gr8oldies

mytruck.jpg

MY BEST FRIEND

Well thank you bulldog.

. After a month off, I have to prep for work starting Tues. Been going crazy hanging around the house.

Thought Hurricane earl might provide some work, but it was not to be. Had made some contacts to work in NC if needed.

Do have to contact a guy after Wed. about a project at Camp Lejune though.

did a big ol pork roast yesterday, corn bread too.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Later y'all

Thanks Mack, hope you have a good one too!

I'm off work til tuesday.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Well, I'm in Chicago this weekend where my son treated us to a Cub's game, along with a family cookout.

As a sideline venue, he informed us, we are going to be first time grandparents.

Congratulations are in order for both Colby, and Melissa.

Happy Labor Day to you and yours.

Rob

Congrats Rob & "Momma" on your impending grandparent status!

Well thank you bulldog.

. After a month off, I have to prep for work starting Tues. Been going crazy hanging around the house.

Thought Hurricane earl might provide some work, but it was not to be. Had made some contacts to work in NC if needed.

Do have to contact a guy after Wed. about a project at Camp Lejune though.

did a big ol pork roast yesterday, corn bread too.

Were you on vacation, or is work THAT slow in FL?

Were you on vacation, or is work THAT slow in FL?

SSSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW

Most of work since Aptil was due to the cold/freeze we had this winter. Also, talk of a busy 'cane season had folks doing heavy trimming. Running for Waste Management doing bulk pick-up. 45-50 hrs/wk. paid by hour. no dumping fee. Rate wasn't too bad.

Other work? there is none. Some developments that cleared 100 acres were putting a house here and there.

Can't really complain though, I know some that have shut down completely. Many went and bought a lot of iron when things were good. Stuck with a payment. Wouldn't mind picking up a piece of equipment, good prices, but what to do after. Let it sit?

I know that if I needed something done, I can get a skid steer, backhoe, front end loader at a job tonite. IF there was a job

Only bought what was needed. Still have a nice want list. Then go to the wish list.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hey hatcity, I feel ya pain down in wpb. Just sold my superliner dump,cheap of course. Have 2 petes 2 internationals tractors, couple off piggybacks and 4 flatbed trailers trying to sell. Gonna take my KW and go on the road till this economy changes. I need steady work or i go stir crazy :pat:

Congrats Rob & "Momma" on your impending grandparent status!

Thanks Herb, pretty nice piece of news to receive.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Dunny, sorry to hear you had to let the 'liner go. Dump trucking is all but dead here. Too many from down south willing to work for peanuts. The only up side for you< I guess, is that having several trailers to work with, you have alittle bit of variety available.

I'm seeing on Craiglist a bunch of O/O needed stuff. BUT, what kind of money is there? Do you have a wet line on the KW?

I know a guy that went to Pennsylvania with his dump truck. Some kind of big project up there. Heard its working out just OK.

He has family there so he is staying in the travel trailer. At least he isn't paying for hotels and meals.