Wheels

other dog

Called Bebo Monday morning about getting 8 used Dayton wheels from him for the mixer. He said he had wheels already off and ready to go. So I went to get them today and they were off but still had tires mounted on them...gotta go back tomorrow. Anyway, since i'm changing wheels and going tubeless I thought about painting them different- gotta paint them anyway. What do y'all think-red and white trim, or white with red trim?

I just changed this picture to try to get an idea what they'd look like.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Called Bebo Monday morning about getting 8 used Dayton wheels from him for the mixer. He said he had wheels already off and ready to go. So I went to get them today and they were off but still had tires mounted on them...gotta go back tomorrow. Anyway, since i'm changing wheels and going tubeless I thought about painting them different- gotta paint them anyway. What do y'all think-red and white trim, or white with red trim?

I just changed this picture to try to get an idea what they'd look like.

Me personally, i like the "spiders" red with the rims either white or gray......but thats maybe just me, i like the traditional look especially on a mack......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Me personally, i like the "spiders" red with the rims either white or gray......but thats maybe just me, i like the traditional look especially on a mack......Mark

I do too, but I was kinda keeping with the red,white,and blue. Now you gave me another ideer-blue wheels,white trim,red spider..I dunno.

nah- don't like it.

I do too, but I was kinda keeping with the red,white,and blue. Now you gave me another ideer-blue wheels,white trim,red spider..I dunno.

I dont know, you're pretty good with that computer maybe you can mock that combination up and see what it looks like dont sound b

ad to me.....Mark nah just seen what it looks like, i dont like it either

I dont know, you're pretty good with that computer maybe you can mock that combination up and see what it looks like dont sound b

ad to me.....Mark nah just seen what it looks like, i dont like it either

I was liking the white with red trim, but then they don't match the front wheels!..i'll figure it out.

I was liking the white with red trim, but then they don't match the front wheels!..i'll figure it out.

Heres one (just for shit and giggles!) CHROME spider,red and white pinwheels! betcha' did'nt see that coming! LOL!......Mark

post-5836-044103100 1280882075_thumb.jpg

too much color will make it look like a circus wagon. Red spider(dark) white trim, and blue hub like ya got .

Screw it get some Alcoa's on that bad boy

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I've always been partial to either black, or red color spiders, white, or silver rims, and chrome center caps. Chrome lug covers look nice also.

This is the plan with my B61, B67, and RL755LST with spokes. the R model only has spokes on the rear. Everything else Mack is on Budd hubs front and rear.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I've always been partial to either black, or red color spiders, white, or silver rims, and chrome center caps. Chrome lug covers look nice also.

This is the plan with my B61, B67, and RL755LST with spokes. the R model only has spokes on the rear. Everything else Mack is on Budd hubs front and rear.

Rob

Thats the combination i like as well, i have a NOS pair of mack front hubcaps i bought years ago when my local dealer moved/cleaned out their attic. I always wondered how they were attached to the wheel, clips? bracket? still in the box, covered with "cosmoline" wrapped in wax paper original box has no paperwork with it, but is dated 1954.....i think i paid $10.00 for the pair.....Mark

Thats the combination i like as well, i have a NOS pair of mack front hubcaps i bought years ago when my local dealer moved/cleaned out their attic. I always wondered how they were attached to the wheel, clips? bracket? still in the box, covered with "cosmoline" wrapped in wax paper original box has no paperwork with it, but is dated 1954.....i think i paid $10.00 for the pair.....Mark

I have a couple NOS pairs of the chrome "Mack" caps also. They only fit the FA505, and a few other light axles to the best of my knowlege according to the spider. They will not fit my B67 as the spider center does not have the mounting groove like my B61 does.

I also like the looks of the flat "Mack" scripted plate that covers the bearings on the heavier axles when chromed. My A40 has this plate but it is Mack green. It looks nice in the center of the aluminum wheel.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

...dammit!..went back today, and there was no progress on the wheels...everybody was gone except the woman who answers the phone. Stopped on the way and bought a quart of red and a quart of white paint, paint brushes, a can of blue spray paint, black spray paint, a wire brush, 2 tubes of grease-and still no wheels! Jo even had her tools and was going to help me!

Need to get the 4 outside ones painted and the tires mounted and on the truck by Friday!

The annual Toga benefit is Saturday...dammit...i'm gonna go crazy!..

gotta keep your sense of humor,eh?

How about these?

If I had those I could pop the pimples on my ass cheeks while standing at attention.

Rob

Looks great guys...i'm so pissed off now i'd pay twice as much for wheels if I could find them somewhere else. I'm gonna call Fleetpride in the morning and see what new ones cost. I called Litchford's (Bebo) a month or more ago and told him I wanted the wheels-no rush. He said "fine, whenever you want them,i've got plenty of them-$40 apiece." Called early Monday and he said the wheels were already off,ready to go. I had other things to do Monday anyway, so I went back yesterday and they said the wheels were not off,and they had to take the tires off of them-no good,rotten ass, recapped tires at that-"come back tomorrow- after lunch- and we'll have them ready". Went back today-after lunch-same story as yesterday. You shouldn't tell somebody you're gonna do something and then not do it...i'm just pissed off to the highest level of pissedofftivity right now.

That was my main objective while i'm on vacation-Lincolnton truck show last weekend,the Toga annual benefit this coming weekend-to finally get those tires on the mixer. I was a paycheck from being broke last winter-literally-but i've been running my ass off lately and decided I was gonna do it and get the wheels and tires on it this week so I can drive it again and take it to the car show at Toga. Never missed one yet, and don't plan to miss this one. The second annual benefit was for my wife, who died of cancer in 2005.

Here's some info on this year's benefit-

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=139497816068403

Looks great guys...i'm so pissed off now i'd pay twice as much for wheels if I could find them somewhere else. I'm gonna call Fleetpride in the morning and see what new ones cost. I called Litchford's (Bebo) a month or more ago and told him I wanted the wheels-no rush. He said "fine, whenever you want them,i've got plenty of them-$40 apiece." Called early Monday and he said the wheels were already off,ready to go. I had other things to do Monday anyway, so I went back yesterday and they said the wheels were not off,and they had to take the tires off of them-no good,rotten ass, recapped tires at that-"come back tomorrow- after lunch- and we'll have them ready". Went back today-after lunch-same story as yesterday. You shouldn't tell somebody you're gonna do something and then not do it...i'm just pissed off to the highest level of pissedofftivity right now.

That was my main objective while i'm on vacation-Lincolnton truck show last weekend,the Toga annual benefit this coming weekend-to finally get those tires on the mixer. I was a paycheck from being broke last winter-literally-but i've been running my ass off lately and decided I was gonna do it and get the wheels and tires on it this week so I can drive it again and take it to the car show at Toga. Never missed one yet, and don't plan to miss this one. The second annual benefit was for my wife, who died of cancer in 2005.

Here's some info on this year's benefit-

http://www.facebook....139497816068403

I typically get wheels from a vendor in Chicagoland. They always have takeoffs, reconditioned, (repainted), new, and used in all flavors. Shipping may be a slight problem but I may be back towards Raleigh within a couple of weeks. Found a car I almost gotta have.

Rob

I typically get wheels from a vendor in Chicagoland. They always have takeoffs, reconditioned, (repainted), new, and used in all flavors. Shipping may be a slight problem but I may be back towards Raleigh within a couple of weeks. Found a car I almost gotta have.

Rob

thought you weren't allowed to buy anything!! anyway,I might be interested if something doesn't come through by tomorrow. Waiting on a guy to call back now that might have some used ones. I'll drive it down there on the old tires if I have to. It's about a 20 mile trip each way.

Rob

What did you find good in raleigh?.......Mark

thought you weren't allowed to buy anything!! anyway,I might be interested if something doesn't come through by tomorrow. Waiting on a guy to call back now that might have some used ones. I'll drive it down there on the old tires if I have to. It's about a 20 mile trip each way.

I may have a set of wheels. Call me 919-932-3344, 24/7. David