Wheels

other dog

What did you find good in raleigh?.......Mark

I need to replace my car, (ole double nuts) with something else. Found a 1997 Mitsubishi 300GT VR4 that is adult owned and low mileage. Always kind of liked those since repairing a 1998 when it was new. Real scooter in stock trim but difficult to find that way. This one is not molested and hopefully Momma's hind quarters will smash in there somehow.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Do all Peterbilts come pre-loaded with dope for the drivers to smoke?? Or was it just yours?

PVS

Ain't been in a Peterbilt all week. Don't smoke any dope anyway. Tried it in the '70's, like everybody else, but I never inhaled.

I'm going crazy on vacation over the wheel deal. Where've you been so long Paul?..we've missed you :rolleyes:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I may have a set of wheels. Call me 919-932-3344, 24/7. David

Thanks David, i've got a few leads to call this morning. If I don't come up with anything today i'll do that. Raleigh's not that far from here, probably easier than having Rob import them from Chicago.

Struck out on all my leads. Called Bebo back last and he said he'd have them ready by mid day today-but i've heard that one before!

At last- I now have 8 brand new used tires and wheels on that cement mixer truck! Finally got the last 3 wheels from Litchford's Garage at 8 this morning, then it was a mad scramble to get them on the truck. First I finished painting the wheels, putting the white strip on them, then I greased the truck while the wheels were drying, then... then the truck wouldn't start.

It would start and run a few seconds and cut off. I took the filter off and it wasn't half full of fuel, so I poured it out, refilled it and put it back on. Starts up, runs a few seconds, then cuts of. Took the line off from the tank to the filter and it looked dry. Tom came out of the shop, he mounted all the tires on the wheels for me, and said "there's the problem,you're leaking fuel". So I jumped down and looked and the old braided line that comes out of the tank was leaking where it makes a bend and goes up under the cab. It wasn't leaking at first because i'd been all up under it greasing it just minutes before and there was no leak. I think the hose was so old it was probably sucking together on the inside.

So I took the line off and went to Lynchburg to Ferebee-Johnson to get a new fuel line. The man said "what'd this come off of?". I said "a '65 Mack". He said "looks like it's been on there since '65". I said "probably has".

Came back and put it on, got it started with some ether, backed up to the shop door, and went to jacking up, taking off, putting on, and sweating my ass off. Finished about 4:30, then I washed at it some, I was dog tired...still am. This would-should-have been done Wednesday, but the delay getting the wheels put me in a bind.

Got 8 good looking 11R-22.5 Bridgestones on it now though. They're about 2 inches shorter than the 11:00-20's I took off. One of them was a Sears by the way. Don't remember ever seeing a Sears truck tire before-might be a '65 model too. Was gonna drive it down the road to check them out, but there was no way I was gonna try to get in 460 that time of day, especially on Friday.

At last- I now have 8 brand new used tires and wheels on that cement mixer truck! Finally got the last 3 wheels from Litchford's Garage at 8 this morning, then it was a mad scramble to get them on the truck. First I finished painting the wheels, putting the white strip on them, then I greased the truck while the wheels were drying, then... then the truck wouldn't start.

It would start and run a few seconds and cut off. I took the filter off and it wasn't half full of fuel, so I poured it out, refilled it and put it back on. Starts up, runs a few seconds, then cuts of. Took the line off from the tank to the filter and it looked dry. Tom came out of the shop, he mounted all the tires on the wheels for me, and said "there's the problem,you're leaking fuel". So I jumped down and looked and the old braided line that comes out of the tank was leaking where it makes a bend and goes up under the cab. It wasn't leaking at first because i'd been all up under it greasing it just minutes before and there was no leak. I think the hose was so old it was probably sucking together on the inside.

So I took the line off and went to Lynchburg to Ferebee-Johnson to get a new fuel line. The man said "what'd this come off of?". I said "a '65 Mack". He said "looks like it's been on there since '65". I said "probably has".

Came back and put it on, got it started with some ether, backed up to the shop door, and went to jacking up, taking off, putting on, and sweating my ass off. Finished about 4:30, then I washed at it some, I was dog tired...still am. This would-should-have been done Wednesday, but the delay getting the wheels put me in a bind.

Got 8 good looking 11R-22.5 Bridgestones on it now though. Was gonna drive it down the road to check them out, but there was no way I was gonna try to get in 460 that time of day, especially on Friday.

Do I see a pattern? Rob, is your hose dried up to and leaking?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Do I see a pattern? Rob, is your hose dried up to and leaking?

Naw, just dry and shriveled up. Kinda lonely too since "the boys" were removed from their rightfull place in society. Never had much of a leakage problem however, if you pardon the occasional dripping.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.