Series Parallel Switch Rebuildable?

Does any body out there know if parts are available to rebuild a series parallel switch? Mine is in a 1966 C-95 fire engine. It has three black sections with battery size connections on the first and third sections. The coil portion seems to work fine but the contact points are shot. I have tracked down a new one to the tune of $164.00, but the guy that sells it said they used to rebuild them ( not much demand anymore, I guess). I am going to check with a starter/alternator shop in my area on tuesday. Just curious if anyone new of a place to purchase rebuild parts.

Thanks.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...

Watts Mack Sales on this site sells them. As stated, most people will go 12 volt and do away with the old setup. If you go to the web-site of oldmacksrus.com you can find a wiring diagram if you follow the link. It shows the 24 volt setup for your application if you choose to stay with what you have.

Good Luck

mike

• 2 months later...

There was two styles of S/P switches and have not seen one like you have in years. This is used i think only by mack and it is the one which has the magnectic switch built in the switch and does not use a senold on the starter. Later years they went to the smaller switch which used a senoild on top of the starter.It only had two section in the s/p switch.You switch is call a s/p switch magnectic combination.

• Like 1

glenn akers