Hey Mackpro

i don,t know if it is the water shutoff you put on the fuel filter or all the crud you got out of it but this thing is pulling better than it ever has

hold up left front like a bad ass sprint car, im going west to mess with the large cars, ask em if they want me to throw em a chain when i fly by em up the hills. just hope i make enough time they dont pass my 25mph down hill truck on the other side.

thanks again for every thing

i don,t know if it is the water shutoff you put on the fuel filter or all the crud you got out of it but this thing is pulling better than it ever has

hold up left front like a bad ass sprint car, im going west to mess with the large cars, ask em if they want me to throw em a chain when i fly by em up the hills. just hope i make enough time they dont pass my 25mph down hill truck on the other side.

thanks again for every thing

Glad it's running great! Dont know where all the rust/chunks in the bottom of the Davco fuel filter housing came from? You got aluminum fuel tanks so they didnt "rust". Got your cab shocks and air drier cartrage in and got your name on them.

when you boys get tired of playing in the shop come on over here I need a good front door. The 500 detroits are just in my way. I put on a new set of drive tires this trip. These dang Yokohama didn't make it but 311,000 miles.

I run michelins myself, always have had REALLY good luck with them both steer and drives, when my CX was new, it came with goodyears i only got a little over 200K outta' them ,was kinda' disappointed........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I run michelins myself, always have had REALLY good luck with them both steer and drives, when my CX was new, it came with goodyears i only got a little over 200K outta' them ,was kinda' disappointed........Mark

Mark how many miles do you usually get?? do you run centramatics? I run the Yokahoma straight tread trailer tires and usually get 300,00 or so but we go to customers with some very rough and neglected parking lots and loading racks so sometimes I spin a good bit.

Years ago I kept having dishing probs on my drive tires with the 613 so when they couldn't find anything wrong with alignment I put centramatics on and it cured the dishing tires plus rode better and longer life for tires. I run them on everything now.

it has helped mpg also, but nothing is free, i gota keep an eye on exhaust temp. it goes up a lot faster now

goin to utah to get me some wheelie bars for this thunder mutt........

thanks for every thing

The cooler fuel might be helping. I see alot of fuel heaters with no water shutoffs on them, cant believe Mack lets them out of the factory that way!

I'm LUCKY to get 100,000 miles out of a set of drives... Last ones went 90k and were pretty well shot.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

WOW I couldn't take that, you must do a lot of off road?

Not so much off-road, but constantly turning, sharp turns. If I rotate (front to back, vice versa) the drive tires at the right time, I can get a hundy out of them usually.

The only tires I'll drop some coin on is steer tires, the rest is cheapest virgins (ha!) I can get at the time and won't phuck with re-caps.

maybe its them heavy ass granades

I bet the grenades are pretty heavy. Gambi have you tried the Double Happy brand tire? That's a goofy name for a tire but my neighbor uses them and swears they wear as good as my name brand. Yokohama cost me about $2800 per truck installed but he claims his Double Happy are only about $2000 out the door. If his dealer had a full set I would probably have tried them this time.

I bet the grenades are pretty heavy. Gambi have you tried the Double Happy brand tire? That's a goofy name for a tire but my neighbor uses them and swears they wear as good as my name brand. Yokohama cost me about $2800 per truck installed but he claims his Double Happy are only about $2000 out the door. If his dealer had a full set I would probably have tried them this time.

Can't say I've heard of those. I have a set of BFG's on now and they seem to be alright and I put the centramatics on when I bought those...$3,000 for everything mounted.

Mark how many miles do you usually get?? do you run centramatics? I run the Yokahoma straight tread trailer tires and usually get 300,00 or so but we go to customers with some very rough and neglected parking lots and loading racks so sometimes I spin a good bit.

Years ago I kept having dishing probs on my drive tires with the 613 so when they couldn't find anything wrong with alignment I put centramatics on and it cured the dishing tires plus rode better and longer life for tires. I run them on everything now.

My last set went a little over 325,000 coulda went a little longer, but they were starting to get a little thin for my liking.and tires are not something i fool around with .I stated using centramatics right after the original set of tires came off,what an improvement! i swear by them now, not being funny here, but i do a LOT of backing into some wicked tight places,so i'm kinda hard on steers, just cant help it sometimes. My current set is at 288,767 right now and still look great! i run "lug" type drives, mainly personal preference, plus i do a lot of canada in the winter, hang a lot of chains,which is also tough on tires. I talked the company i'm leased to into trying centramatics on the trailers we pull too,they could'nt be happier with them! course' it helps the average outbound load i pull is in the neighborhood of 15,000 lbs. but we have one 2006 great dane 53' 102" with its original tires! and i'd run them anywhere in the country......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My last set went a little over 325,000 coulda went a little longer, but they were starting to get a little thin for my liking.and tires are not something i fool around with .I stated using centramatics right after the original set of tires came off,what an improvement! i swear by them now, not being funny here, but i do a LOT of backing into some wicked tight places,so i'm kinda hard on steers, just cant help it sometimes. My current set is at 288,767 right now and still look great! i run "lug" type drives, mainly personal preference, plus i do a lot of canada in the winter, hang a lot of chains,which is also tough on tires. I talked the company i'm leased to into trying centramatics on the trailers we pull too,they could'nt be happier with them! course' it helps the average outbound load i pull is in the neighborhood of 15,000 lbs. but we have one 2006 great dane 53' 102" with its original tires! and i'd run them anywhere in the country......Mark

Thanks for the info guys. I like the Yokohama but I like saving a little $$ when I can. I don't need lug tires because on the Houston to Chicago turns snow and ice aren't really a factor and I heard on one of the XM radio programs that straight tread drive tires give an improvement on fuel mileage but I haven't found mine yet