E-Tech 460 Question

When I'm pulling up through the gears all of a sudden it is like you shut off the key just for a second and then back on.Does it so fast you cant even get your foot off the fuel so it jerks like crazy when it does it.Put new air and fuel filters on and still does it.No codes and no faults.What do I need to check next????

When I'm pulling up through the gears all of a sudden it is like you shut off the key just for a second and then back on.Does it so fast you cant even get your foot off the fuel so it jerks like crazy when it does it.Put new air and fuel filters on and still does it.No codes and no faults.What do I need to check next????

Check the ground connections on the batteries, at the starter, engine block ground, frame rail ground, alternator ground, cab ground breaker, and the left side cab ground for loose or bad connections. If everything is ok in those areas you may have a power relay (to the left of the cab fuse panel there is a row of 4 relays) that is going bad.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Check the ground connections on the batteries, at the starter, engine block ground, frame rail ground, alternator ground, cab ground breaker, and the left side cab ground for loose or bad connections. If everything is ok in those areas you may have a power relay (to the left of the cab fuse panel there is a row of 4 relays) that is going bad.

My 97 does the same thing. All i do is make sure the wires going to the gas pedal have plenty of slack through out the entire movement of the accelorator pedal. Somehow the wires works themselves backwards through the wire saddle until its tight. Check the conector for corrosion and grease with dielectric grease and it should be good for a year or so....

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I drive a 99 460 truck that does the same thing but only at 1450-1550 rpm, have changed cam and crank sensor, cleaned triangle connector on firewall and changed gas pedal to no avail....

Check the belt tensioner (as goofy as that sounds). If the tracking mark is wider than the belt it indicates that the tensioner is worn out. If the tensioner is worn it can set up a vibration through the front cover on the engine which is then transferred to the camshaft sensor. There is a revised front cover with a gusset to reinforce the camshaft sensor. Being a 1999 truck it's also possible that there is wear to the camshaft thrust washer allowing the distance between the cam and sensor to change during operation. Additionally there might be a service datafile to help with this problem.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

i had the same thing with my 97 427.after going through everything fuel and electrical at the dealer,it turned out to be the sensor that times the engine off the back of the flywheel.i forget what its called but it took along time to figure it out.

• 2 weeks later...

The most familiar gear problem in manual transmission cars is actually not in the gears but in the clutch. For many the clutch is the core system that makes a manual car different from an automatic. Clutches normally last up to 80,000 miles, but they will break down quickly with improper use and this is part of the design. The clutch is supposed to fail first before the damage of shifting and changing gears translates to the gears themselves. so my suggestion is to check cluth setting from engineer.

The most familiar gear problem in manual transmission cars is actually not in the gears but in the clutch. For many the clutch is the core system that makes a manual car different from an automatic. Clutches normally last up to 80,000 miles, but they will break down quickly with improper use and this is part of the design. The clutch is supposed to fail first before the damage of shifting and changing gears translates to the gears themselves. so my suggestion is to check cluth setting from engineer.

Ah, the voice of reason and sensibility returns.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...