Want To Build A Pulling Truck

tree98

Follow Terrys advice on rules. in the series you will have to follow strict rules unlike the local fairgrounds

E9 with a 12 speed on camelback or air ride. 4.17 or higher(slower mph) rears. Try and win the lotto so you can afford to build the pump and get a pulling clutch. If your just in it for fun any 6 cyl 285-300-350 will work by turning the stock pump up all the way and keeping 20 psi in the rear tires.

Have fun..

Follow Terrys advice on rules. in the series you will have to follow strict rules unlike the local fairgrounds

E9 with a 12 speed on camelback or air ride. 4.17 or higher(slower mph) rears. Try and win the lotto so you can afford to build the pump and get a pulling clutch. If your just in it for fun any 6 cyl 285-300-350 will work by turning the stock pump up all the way and keeping 20 psi in the rear tires.

Have fun..

Yea i'm sure this stuff is far from cheap.where do you get these clutches and pumps?

i have a 87 superliner tri axle dump with a fresh 12 sp and a e6 bumped up alittle. truck is in great shape everything works except the fuel gage $14,500

sorry cant be a dump,has to be a fifth wheel.

sorry cant be a dump,has to be a fifth wheel.

[/quot

This truck was a fifth wheel at one time. If you gonna be a dragger you should be able to make a silk purse outa a sows ear if ya know what im gettin at!! with all do respect that is.

This truck was a fifth wheel at one time. If you gonna be a dragger you should be able to make a silk purse outa a sows ear if ya know what im gettin at!! with all do respect that is.

Cant speak for any one else but... I hear ya loud and clear! thats some damn good advice!

i get what your saying,but if i'm gonna start from scratch i might as well buy a truck thats as close as possible to what i need.That being said,if the price was $5,000 then of course!!!Now back to the topic,where do you get the parts you need to build these trucks,turbo's,clutches,injector pumps etc?i've done some looking on the internet and i cant seem to find much.Anyone have a link??

The #1 thing you need when you build a pulling truck is one thing............

DEEP POCKETS

A lot of somebody else's money helps too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i get what your saying,but if i'm gonna start from scratch i might as well buy a truck thats as close as possible to what i need.That being said,if the price was $5,000 then of course!!!Now back to the topic,where do you get the parts you need to build these trucks,turbo's,clutches,injector pumps etc?i've done some looking on the internet and i cant seem to find much.Anyone have a link??

just a good cab and nose for a super dog is 5 grand or more. Take that DEEP POCKETS seriously and good luck!!