Do You Know Where You Are?

vision386

Just have had a very trying day! i know a lot of you guys are not drivers,but do you know where you live/work? i get so tired of calling customers for appointments/directions and they have no godamn idea how to tell you how to get there! sometimes they "think" they are past the 3rd light,no,no maybe the 5th! once you go by that, go past where the old bowling alley used to be (how the hell am i supposed to know where the damn bowling alley used to be!) then turn right, no no maybe thats a left! are people really getting this stupid? love it when they leave out the "little details" like the 10'7" bridge on the outskirts of town, or that the road is 10' wide most of the way! oh yeah, you're in a truck right? is it a big one? then theres the automated phone messages! does ANYONE answer their phone anymore? and WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH????? sorry just my rant for the day!.......Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

press 1 for English

2-Spanish

3-creole

4-Vietnamese

5-Canadian,eh?

6-Arabic

7-Chinese

Though I only work local, I DO feel your pain. Richard Craniums pile stuff on top of fire hydrant, under trees they just trimmed, under wires, next and on top of mailbox. Had one bury phone box. "What did you do to my phone? My internet doesn't work either." Tried to have to company pay for repairs BUT pics did him in.

Some people even if they drive just forget about the low bridge. i.e cement truck trying to clear a 10-6 RR overpass. He walked to his car. 'bout 5 miles

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Oh i hear ya'! just seems to be getting a more complicated world everyday! i get some really funny looks when i tell people i don't have/use a GPS, don't use a laptop to do my thinking for me, don't have/use a "smartphone" (don't know or care what an "APP" is!) i guess i'm just oldschool, just not into the technology that seems to be taking over the world! i can remember a time in a far far away place when good common sense still existed! used to be just the "four wheelers" now i think that there are just as many a**holes in trucks as there are cars, not a day goes by that i don't see some random act of stupidity performed by a professional "trucker" just makes us all look bad, and people wonder why the trucking industry has such a bad reputation........Mark

Oh i hear ya'! just seems to be getting a more complicated world everyday! i get some really funny looks when i tell people i don't have/use a GPS, don't use a laptop to do my thinking for me, don't have/use a "smartphone" (don't know or care what an "APP" is!) i guess i'm just oldschool, just not into the technology that seems to be taking over the world! i can remember a time in a far far away place when good common sense still existed! used to be just the "four wheelers" now i think that there are just as many a**holes in trucks as there are cars, not a day goes by that i don't see some random act of stupidity performed by a professional "trucker" just makes us all look bad, and people wonder why the trucking industry has such a bad reputation........Mark

I've got a GPS...that I use as a speedometer (the one in the truck is off...and it caused me to get a driving award because I wasn't aware it was off) :pat: The one thing I've found the GPS most useful for is locating motels while on the road...complete with phone numbers to call ahead to ensure they have truck parking, allow dogs, and have a non-smoking room available.

My phone is a phone. That's the one thing the fiance had to get used to when I added her to my plan (after she "lost" her pre-paid phone)....text messaging is blocked. I have no use for it. Want to tell me something? Call me and tell me. Want to show me a pic or write me a "text message"? Send an e-mail or post it up on a message board. I do get the "waterproof/dustproof/impact resistant" phone, though....I'm rough on phones. :wacko:

...and my random acts of stupidity aren't always random. When I see someone getting ready to do something stupid, sometimes I amuse myself by positioning myself where I'll most likely frustrate the hell out of 'em. Works better when I'm in the 4-wheeler that DOESN'T have a company name written all over it, though... :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

i just want to know one thing WHO DID THE ADDRESS SYSTEM IN UTAH,AND COULD SOME ONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME.

Can't help you a bit there! never understood that system myself, course theres not a lot of brain activity going on in utah,just my opinion!.......Mark

i just want to know one thing WHO DID THE ADDRESS SYSTEM IN UTAH,AND COULD SOME ONE EXPLAIN IT TO ME.

It's the Mormons...I bet all the signs point to underground shelters full of food for when the apocolypse hits...or the second coming of Jose Smith...or the earlier days saints.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Just have had a very trying day! i know a lot of you guys are not drivers,but do you know where you live/work? i get so tired of calling customers for appointments/directions and they have no godamn idea how to tell you how to get there! sometimes they "think" they are past the 3rd light,no,no maybe the 5th! once you go by that, go past where the old bowling alley used to be (how the hell am i supposed to know where the damn bowling alley used to be!) then turn right, no no maybe thats a left! are people really getting this stupid? love it when they leave out the "little details" like the 10'7" bridge on the outskirts of town, or that the road is 10' wide most of the way! oh yeah, you're in a truck right? is it a big one? then theres the automated phone messages! does ANYONE answer their phone anymore? and WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH????? sorry just my rant for the day!.......Mark

I know exactly what you mean!..and women are the worst-makes me wonder how the hell they get to work every day.Call and ask for directions and women always say "hold on-let me let you talk to Joe in shipping".And Joe usually says something like "f**k you,we quit loading a 3-figger it out,a-hole".

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I know exactly what you mean!..and women are the worst-makes me wonder how the hell they get to work every day.Call and ask for directions and women always say "hold on-let me let you talk to Joe in shipping".And Joe usually says something like "f**k you,we quit loading a 3-figger it out,a-hole".

Yeah im right ther with you! i been getting a lot of this s**t lately!, only problem is sometimes joe in shipping does'nt know where he or his place of business is either! place i just delivered to,mailman and the local fire house had no ides where it was either! go figger!!!.......Mark

Ya it's tough for me to find stuff too. I love the radio calls for distraught, stranded females that give a pinpoint location like "I'm on I-5 between San Diego and Sacramento", well there ya go, there narrows it down a bunch. I don't think people realize what north, south, east and west is either. Like I tell my wife every day when I get home, common sense is very rare these days so I call it UN-common sense. Here's yer sign.

Ya it's tough for me to find stuff too. I love the radio calls for distraught, stranded females that give a pinpoint location like "I'm on I-5 between San Diego and Sacramento", well there ya go, there narrows it down a bunch. I don't think people realize what north, south, east and west is either. Like I tell my wife every day when I get home, common sense is very rare these days so I call it UN-common sense. Here's yer sign.

Tony,thats gotta be frustrating especially in your line of work! a load of furniture is not going to go bad,but sometimes i'm sure you respond to people with some serious "situations" i know what you mean about narrowing it down too! i once stopped to help a woman who appeared to be broke down on the shoulder of I-5,she had a flat tire,had no idea where she was,got her fixed up, asked her where she was coming from/going she was coming from reno,headed to oakland,she had gotten on the 5 south,and was just north of bakersfield! i asked again,said well,she was supposed to be on I-5,but did'nt know for how long,claimed she never saw any signs for frisco at all! i informed her she was now closer to LA than frisco by about a days travel! but of course she did'nt believe me!!.........Mark