Dump Truck Insurance

WTF nothing can ever seem to go right.

Progressive wants 10,113.00 a year for insurance which is highway robbery. My dad who has the same damn insurance limits and everything pays 4,600 a year with progressive. I got 2 different insurance brokers working on getting me a better rate with other insurance company's.

I have a clean driving record no points or anything. Have my CDL since 2002. Never dreamed insurance was going to be a problem. If i cant get insurance for less then 7,000/yr i might just give up. I can still back out of the truck. But i would lose a 1,000 dollars i had to give mack. God I'm so pissed. Its my own damn fault in a way. I guess i should have checked into insurance before i did anything.

Plus that rate is with 1million liability and a 1,000 deductible. I don't need cargo insurance cuz Stone is cheap. Truck value is 75,000.

This is just un-real. I hope my brokers can get me better rates with someone. I will keep everyone up to date. Who does everyone use for insurance and what do you pay??

PS anyone even thinking about buying a truck get an insurance quote before you do anything. Don't be a dumbazz like me.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just tell me your from BMT.

I'm around $800 (have to look it up to get exact) per quarter with Country Companies...in-state only with cargo insurance and pull a dump trailer 99.72% of the time. Located in Illinois, 4th year as an O/O and I'll be 30 in sept.

Sounds like you're getting screwed pretty hardcore with no mention of lube.

• Like 1

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I'm around $800 (have to look it up to get exact) per quarter with Country Companies...in-state only with cargo insurance and pull a dump trailer 99.72% of the time. Located in Illinois, 4th year as an O/O and I'll be 30 in sept.

Sounds like you're getting screwed pretty hardcore with no mention of lube.

Yea you aint kidding. I will be going out of state. and have a 100mile radius. I will be in NJ, DE and PA. I dont even need cargo insurance. Im just hoping i can find some better rates somewhere. Cuz progressive can suck my ###. Just for that im going to take my car off of progressive and put it on state farm. I dont want to give them any more of my money with their BS quote.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

hate to give you more bad news,but if your going to haul interstate, you need a MC number and 1 requirement is cargo insurance.costs me about 500 a yr..you'll also need a rep in every state,which is usually a 1 time fee.should be under a hundred.but the number itself will run ya 300.

Yea you aint kidding. I will be going out of state. and have a 100mile radius. I will be in NJ, DE and PA. I dont even need cargo insurance. Im just hoping i can find some better rates somewhere. Cuz progressive can suck my ###. Just for that im going to take my car off of progressive and put it on state farm. I dont want to give them any more of my money with their BS quote.

MackMann you might try this young lady. I'm in Texas and found insurance close to home but while I was shopping she had a good quote when I called them.

Ann Nolan

610-618 W. St. Georges Ave

Linden NJ 07036

Tel #908-587-2619/800-726-8376

Fax#908-587-1682

Mackmann I am surprised OOIDA even quoted you. I have checked with them several times over the years and they will not cover my dump trailer due to the increased liability of rollover.

Here is my current agent, good service and a competitive rate:

Ed Konopki, Jr. @

Eastern Insurance Group

Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702-7980

phone 570-819-2000

fax 570-819-4000

This year I am under $3,000 for liability and phys. damage. I am under permanent lease so I don't have cargo insurance. I think you will find that cargo insurance is required as per federal regs.

OK sorry for not updating but i did get insurance for 6,480 /year. With Victoria Insurance Company.

I did get a quote from eastern at 8,700. I got quotes at 13,100 8,700 7,900 and 6,480. So it was worth it to shop around.

About this cargo insurance are you guys sure about that. I dont see where you need cargo insurance when you have your own MC number and all that. SO a trash hauler that pulls a walking floor with his own MC# has to pay for cargo insurance when what he hauls he has to pay to get rid of?? I will ask my unlce he has his own MC, ICC, PUC and all that BS. Im almost 100% sure he does not have cargo insurance.

OOIDA gave me a qoute threw Progressive. She said all her dump trucks go threw Progressive.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

I'd take a good look at the rules and regs if I were you before you miss something. Cargo Insurance filings are required for Common Carrier Authority. There is a process to have it waived for something like gravel haulers or dirt dobbers, but it is rather complicated. Also, be sure your quotes include MC filings.

Most carriers are now also rating insurance on company and personal credit history. I don't know nor do I want to know anyone's personal situation, but that will affect why 2 people or companies with the same age trucks and type of operation differently. Sounds like you're getting a better quote now.

I'd take a good look at the rules and regs if I were you before you miss something. Cargo Insurance filings are required for Common Carrier Authority. There is a process to have it waived for something like gravel haulers or dirt dobbers, but it is rather complicated. Also, be sure your quotes include MC filings.

Most carriers are now also rating insurance on company and personal credit history. I don't know nor do I want to know anyone's personal situation, but that will affect why 2 people or companies with the same age trucks and type of operation differently. Sounds like you're getting a better quote now.

I will look inot the cargo insurance thing. When the time comes. I have A+++ credit. Im not sure of my score but i know its good. I mean i just got a loan for a 75,000 dollar truck with no problem. Im only 26. Never been late on a bill in my life.

100_0406.jpg100_0301.jpg

My Facebook.

I will look inot the cargo insurance thing. When the time comes. I have A+++ credit. Im not sure of my score but i know its good. I mean i just got a loan for a 75,000 dollar truck with no problem. Im only 26. Never been late on a bill in my life.

Man I can recall doing the same insurance b/s when I bought my granite, I was 28 and had a cdl since I was 18 but there deal is mainly the high number of dump truck claims. I know about the waived cargo ins convoy was talking about it has to do with agricultural hauling and anything coming out of the ground is agricultural per some laws so you can find the loophole and get a waiver to haul dirt and gravel but only out of the ground if it is processed its considered a product from a plant so no more waiver (i.e. crushed stone). I wish you luck I got tired of all the cut throats around here and got rid of my trucks the dump trucking business aint great right now.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"