57' Sleeper B , Chapter 2

Well , I'm half way through chapter two if the Sleeper B that was found. This is chapter 1 - http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=14154

I took a old 6x6 over to pull out the B61 , didn't happen. It looked like I dug in beach sand. So option 2 showed up 2 hours later. We winched and steered Blue Beauty onto the roll back for the trip home. I had to pull the B61 straight onto the tralier with the 6x6. The old IH has to stop on the way here to changed the fuel filter as it was bogging down pretty bad. I'm going to start cleaning it out later on today after it cools off some. Enjoy the pictures.

post-2596-076766200 1277243033_thumb.jpg

post-2596-064317000 1277243078_thumb.jpg

post-2596-009050600 1277243090_thumb.jpg

post-2596-042182000 1277243100_thumb.jpg

post-2596-081756200 1277243115_thumb.jpg

post-2596-007614200 1277243126_thumb.jpg

post-2596-085400000 1277243142_thumb.jpg

Very rare animal this day and age. Sure looks like the cab is mostly complete and everything is there to use as panel parts if they need remade.

Should be a very interesting project. I like challenge myself, so it should be entertaining. Keep us posted on your progress.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I bought the truck for Paul Van Scott. I bought it and Paul paid me back and he will be restoring it. Im glad its going to a good home also. The cab is all there just has some bad rust in spots but im going to finish cleaning it out today. It was held down by about 100 miles of bryers from where I pulled it out.

I bought the truck for Paul Van Scott. I bought it and Paul paid me back and he will be restoring it. Im glad its going to a good home also. The cab is all there just has some bad rust in spots but im going to finish cleaning it out today. It was held down by about 100 miles of bryers from where I pulled it out.

Cool. Paul is going to do the restoration on my H model & my trailer for a promo truck... so, by comparison, the H suddenly looks in good shape!

p.s. Paul has been great to work with... (sorry Paul, had to leave at least a little plug for you...)

Hey jay, glad to see this one get saved! not many sleepers around anymore! looks like its gonna be an uphill battle,but in the end i think it will be worth the effort no matter who puts the time in!..............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I think the idea here was to save the old integral sleeper from an unpleasant death. A big part of this hobby for me is the preservation of unique American history. For sixty years or so, we had a trucking industry in this country unlike any other in the world! Indeed, the OTR trucker was the very definition of independence and American determination. And the old trucks were legendary in their capability. Although it is possible that one or two of those old stories might have been blown a little out of proportion! Great fun to listen to, nonetheless.

Rather than selling the old iron to China to be turned into worthless trinkets, I like the idea of making the vehicles usable, and using them in a variety of ways, including using them as promotional tools for all sorts of businesses. In a nutshell, that is the "Mission Statement" for our litle Fishers Truck Company.

This integral sleeper cab is fairly rare, and certainly deserves another chance at a useful life.

Jay has been a great help in putting the deal together and getting the old girl out of the weeds and to a better place. Without his effort, we probably wouldn't have saved this truck.

It is my intention to bring the truck home and, hopefully, sell it to someone with a full restoration.

Prior to bringing the truck all the way to upstate New York, I would consider selling it "as is, where is", if someone here were serious about tackling a pretty rare project. This isn't going to be an easy project, but the truck is fairly complete and pretty solid.

So, if someone wants the truck, please contact me here on BMT and we can talk about it.

Paul Van Scott

Well said, And to help I can send pictures or show it or whatever Paul needs. It would have torn me up to see it hauled to the scrap yard. No kidding, it was going to be on the way within the week. They had already had a chain on it and started to pull some of the junk out of the cab.