1965 C95

PENNARMYGRD

I recently returned from my second tour in Iraq to find my girlfriend purchased me a 1965 C95 that is in great shape. I am looking to purchase a repair manual but can't find any on the internet. Also I think it has a gasoline engine and am wondering if it is twelve volt and how the batteries hook up since it has none. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1965 C95,

First thing is you have got a really cool girl- she definitely picked a good project for you. The C95 has a 707C gas engine. It should have a dual ignition system, a single Zenith carb and could have dual fuel pumps. Your Mack is positive ground, and should have dual 12 volt batteries (postive lead connects to the ground).

If you send the serial number to the Mack museum (and a donation) they will send you back the original paperwork and copy of the service manual.

Plenty of knowledge on this site to help you with most any questions.

Good Luck,

Firemack

PS Thanks for your service and serving for 2 tours.

Thanks so much guys. I'm just glad that I get to be stationed close to home and well let's face it. The goverments checks don't bounce. I'm so glad that I joined this sight. With just my first post I found more info than at any time.

Thanks so much guys. I'm just glad that I get to be stationed close to home and well let's face it. The goverments checks don't bounce. I'm so glad that I joined this sight. With just my first post I found more info than at any time.

As said before thanks for your time and service. Firemack has you on the right track the Mack Museum was a great help to me, you may also want to check out www.spaamfaa.org ,they are a good place for help and parts for fire trucks.

Good Luck with your Rig.

Ray

Dude are you kiding me another privately owned Mack in the Harrisburg area! Awesome! We def have to start a Mack Fire Truck club in the Central PA area! There are like 10-15 of us now that own Macks! Will you be at Pump Primers July 10th? There will be a boat load of Mack and other Apparatus owners that will help you out with info.

• Like 1

WoW …….im totally jealous !!!! I don’t even want to talk about the things I had to go through to get my Mack!!! WoW… C95 is an awesome truck…

Since we are talking about 707’s I do have a question to add... I have a 707 B engine and I was looking over the differences between the B and C engines. Since modern grades of gasoline are much higher than what they used to, is there any concern for timing and cam angles and point gaps.

707B calls for

Ignition timing # 1 cylinder BTDC:

78 – 80 octane, 11 degree, 3 2/3 teeth

83 – 85 octane, 13 degree, 4 1/3 teeth on the fly wheel gear.

Distributor:

Cam angle degrees……..35

Point gap .018 to .024

707C calls for

Ignition timing # 1 cylinder

86-96 Octane, 8 degrees, 2 2/3 teeth on the fly wheel (use only premium fuel)

Distributor:

Cam angle, degrees…………38 to 45

Point gap .016

• Like 1

I have often wondered about timing myself. My manual says 4 degrees before TDC for 75 octane fuel. I figure that the 87 is like putting super in. I am gonna try advancing my timing a tad just to see if it will use the extra octane for some power and economy.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?