I've never gotten them.

I had truck plates on mine originally and was going to go to Syracuse for National convention. It was going to cost me north of $250 for temp permits. DOH!! I quickly put Hist tags on the truck and that was 7 yrs ago.

I've been to Indy, Bowling Green, Ky, NY without issue.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I've never gotten them.

I had truck plates on mine originally and was going to go to Syracuse for National convention. It was going to cost me north of $250 for temp permits. DOH!! I quickly put Hist tags on the truck and that was 7 yrs ago.

I've been to Indy, Bowling Green, Ky, NY without issue.

I've considered going with the Historic plates on my EH,but have concerns regarding the limits that they might impose,ie. miles per year,use of the truck to haul,legality in interstate driving. Whatever I do,I want to be able to use my truck to haul whatever I need to haul non-commercially,across state lines,and since I won't know how many miles I might need to cover,I don't want any limit on that. So far,I have a local insurance agent lined up who will insure the truck for about what I pay to insure my one ton duallie,but the only option I'm currently being given for the plates is Commercial plates,at approx. $420.00 per year,and that's EVERY year. :o

Under these options,the Historical plates would be considerably cheaper,but also nearly useless for my purposes.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

It's probably safe to say that you are not required to draw trip permits for non-commercial usage of any type.

Each state is different, however, so the best advice is to check with the states that you are planning to transit.

Historic and Antique plates, just like Recreational Vehicle plates are limited to non-commercial use. And as such, you are not subject to ICC or DOT regulations, other than vehicle safety and traffic laws. No logbooks, no fuel records, no special permits necessary.

As for stopping at the weigh stations - that's a judgement call on your part. You will get stopped on the highway for failure to go across the scales, but once the trooper realizes that you are indeed "non-comercial", you will be free to go, as long as nothing else wrong is discovered. Why tempt fate? I would probably stop and let them tell me to go through - it's just easier.

Paul Van Scott

Providing that your truck is in good order and you don't have anything to hide,I'd consider it "good public relations" to hit the scales even if you don't technically have to,just to show you're not trying to sneak anything by them. After a few trips through,it'll get to where they kinda know you,recognize you as a straight shooter,maybe won't look at you as critically as other drivers.

Personally,I'd prefer to make the cops at the scales friends rather than adversaries.

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>