Had A Look At Canada Today

looked like kansas

Where'd ya go? i run central/western canada quite a bit,pretty nice country up there when its not snowing! i think i hung my chains more this past winter then i have my entire trucking career!....mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

north out of minot nd. on 83

Did ya see that B-model up on the constuction company sign just before you get into minot? when ya crossed into canada, see that huge excavator crane working in the pit mine? that thing is huge! i have tryed to stop and get a picture of it,but theres really no good place to pull off the road there......mark

Did ya see that B-model up on the constuction company sign just before you get into minot? when ya crossed into canada, see that huge excavator crane working in the pit mine? that thing is huge! i have tryed to stop and get a picture of it,but theres really no good place to pull off the road there......mark

know what you mean about no place to park to get picture at mine, thats the first thing i thought, seen lots of old farm equipment along 83, i delivered just north of mohall, could see canada, but did not cross the border, must have missed the b model

I've always wanted to see Canada-and not just from across the river from Detroit or Buffalo,which i've done, but really see it. One of my best friends lives in Elliot Lake.

I want to see Moose Jaw, and Red Deer, and Kamloops, and Labrador City. Soon as I win the lottery i'm outa here...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

know what you mean about no place to park to get picture at mine, thats the first thing i thought, seen lots of old farm equipment along 83, i delivered just north of mohall, could see canada, but did not cross the border, must have missed the b model

Oh ok,theres a big construction company on the bypass just south of minot,they have a HUGE sign with a B-model pulling a lowboy with an old caterpillar dozer on it,i've been trying to get a picture of it,but the weather has been crappy the last few times i've been up there.I cross into canada about 35 miles north of minot.....mark

I couldn't find the b-model sign or the pit mine on google earth.But one of our drivers called me one day this week and told me he found a nest of old Macks on rt. 30 about 10 miles west of Gettysburg,Pa. He said they were in good condition,like they had come in from a trip and parked there and left.

He said one was an LJ that was hooked to an old reefer trailer with the blower and ice compartment in the nose.I didn't see that but I did find these 2 B's,so I suspect this is the place he was talking about.I saw the red B-model here with the van trailer in a youtube video I just watched and downloaded on realplayer. It's called "Semi truck junkyard pictures".http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M7rjzTUPlU

I also found the Snow Train and Rob's new gantry crane on google earth.

:SMOKIE-LFT: Wow thought the sign at Gilles Truck Stop up in New Liskerd, Ontario was impressive, they have an H model up on a big sign in the air in front of the restaurant. But that one tops it a B model with a float and a D6 Cat dozer on it. That's one heavy sign, very impressive.

This is a couple pictures of my truck in downtown butte montana....mark

Great! What do you haul,new office furniture or general home furniture store type furniture?

The first time I passed through Butte was at night and there were lights everywhere,all over the mountainsides and I thought "wow,this place is huge".

Then when I saw it in the daytime it wasn't nearly as impressive-size wise that is-still beautiful country though.I wouldn't mind living out there.

:SMOKIE-LFT: Wow thought the sign at Gilles Truck Stop up in New Liskerd, Ontario was impressive, they have an H model up on a big sign in the air in front of the restaurant. But that one tops it a B model with a float and a D6 Cat dozer on it. That's one heavy sign, very impressive.

found it with more info-I was looking on the wrong road. It's on rt. 52,southeast of Minot.

wish i would have went that way, i should have hauled but for siox falls, been laying around bismarck since thursday.

here is where my inexperience really shows, i don't know when to set, or when to bounce 500 miles, i got a feeling monday afternoon im gona have to bounce anyway...........

Great! What do you haul,new office furniture or general home furniture store type furniture?

The first time I passed through Butte was at night and there were lights everywhere,all over the mountainsides and I thought "wow,this place is huge".

Then when I saw it in the daytime it wasn't nearly as impressive-size wise that is-still beautiful country though.I wouldn't mind living out there.

Hey otherdog,i haul mainly new store display type furniture,also new office furniture,only difference is that i haul directly to the customers location so it's all LTL,i go out with up to 6-7 stops,sometimes i'm out for a few weeks. Don't know for how long though,one of our biggest suppliers (stanley) just closed their plant in martinsville,moved to mexico,put about 500 people out of a job.....anyway,i like this part of the country too,i got a good friend who lives in great falls,MT we used to be leased to the same co. and ran together quite a bit, so i got to spend sometime with him and his family out there. Was'nt for the winter,i'd move out there in a minute,but mama don't like the cold!.......mark

wish i would have went that way, i should have hauled but for siox falls, been laying around bismarck since thursday.

here is where my inexperience really shows, i don't know when to set, or when to bounce 500 miles, i got a feeling monday afternoon im gona have to bounce anyway...........

Yeah, i know what ya'mean, can be slim pickens finding ANYTHING to reload out that way,but you should be ok,i see ALOT of flatbed freight posted out there,sometimes ya'just got ta'suck it up and go where the money is! best of luck!.....mark

Yeah, i know what ya'mean, can be slim pickens finding ANYTHING to reload out that way,but you should be ok,i see ALOT of flatbed freight posted out there,sometimes ya'just got ta'suck it up and go where the money is! best of luck!.....mark

i noticed money and windshield are green in color and underlined, when i scroll over them some kind of add pops up, did you do this or is there a hacker in the camp.

i noticed money and windshield are green in color and underlined, when i scroll over them some kind of add pops up, did you do this or is there a hacker in the camp.

Nope was'nt me......mark