R600 Chassis Number

Hi Guys

Can anyone steer me in the right spot to find the chassis number on a R600 Mack i have just brought.

Thanks

Hi, If its a pre say '72, it should be just ahead of the rear front spring hanger on the rh chassis rail, at the bottom.

If its a later model it should be just ahead of the front rear axle on the rh chassis rail. Tell us what you find.

Regards Jeff.

Hi, If its a pre say '72, it should be just ahead of the rear front spring hanger on the rh chassis rail, at the bottom.

If its a later model it should be just ahead of the front rear axle on the rh chassis rail. Tell us what you find.

Regards Jeff.

Thanks Jeff i will have a look in the morning & get back to you.

Regards Jeff.

Hey Mate

I looked right over the chassi rail and the only numbers stamped were VP944930P i guess this must be them????.Does not seem right though.They are located in front of the rear front axle on the right side chassis rail.

Truck is a 1984 r model ,I do know the chassis was extended as it now has a 30 ft tilt tray on the back.

Cheers

Craig

post-2738-127399800004_thumb.jpg

Craig, that sounds like a police number, could be Victorian Police, VP. If its been extended the # could be under layers of paint. If you can find were the bogie used to be b4 it was extended you might find it. Have a look on the firewall behind the air cleaner pipe, there should be a tag there. You could get the engine # and it could be the original one.

Good luck Jeff.

Craig, that sounds like a police number, could be Victorian Police, VP. If its been extended the # could be under layers of paint. If you can find were the bogie used to be b4 it was extended you might find it. Have a look on the firewall behind the air cleaner pipe, there should be a tag there. You could get the engine # and it could be the original one.

Good luck Jeff.

I think i found it on the plate behind the air box,The number is A16374 .What do you think???

Thanks again for your help

Craig

• 1 year later...

A friend has an ex-USA (LHD originally) R600 with chassis number R3611LSTxxxxx. This stamping does not look original. Is there such a beast as a R3611LST? Thanks. Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Quite possibly could be RS instead of R3. Makes sense.

What is the significance of 611 and LST (not being an R model man). Rod.

Rod, R-conventional cab, 6-model series, S-steel frame , 11-ET673engine ,L-lightweight componets, ST-six wheel tractor. i got this from a Mack highway model identification pamplet. Ron