Oh Man,was I Peed Off!

other dog

Once again,I ran like a dog this week-Negley,Ohio and back,Washington,Oh. and back with a 46,000 lb. single coil,then to Fremont,Oh. and back. When I left Fremont yesterday morning and went to Gerdau-Ameristeel in North Jackson,Oh. to reload is kinda when it went bad.

I told myself I was gonna go with their stupid ass program and not get angry,like I did the last time I loaded there.I used the idiotic platforms to chain and tarp,like you're supposed to. Wore my hardhat,reflective vest,stood in the safety zone while the moron loaded the trailer.I pulled the back of my tarp towards the rear of the trailer,with about a foot and a half hanging over the end of the 40' steel.Had it tarped well,with a 24' and 26' tarp on it,lots of overlap.Then when I went in to get my bills and leave the stupid bitch in the office said "you've got to cover the end of the load,you cant have steel showing". So I went back and pulled the tarp down tight against the end,but it lacked about 6'' of reaching the floor of the trailer.I go back in the office and the hateful bitch,who has never tarped or hauled a load of steel in her life, gets on her walkie-talkie and says "how does that tarp job look now?". The reply-"I can still see the bottom of the steel". The ignorant c*#@+ says "you've got to have the load completely covered so there's no steel showing before I can give you your bills".

Tried to explain to her I covered it like that on purpose,so the sharp ends of the angle and channel I had on wouldn't cut my tarps to shreds,and that with the overhang on the tarp it couldn't get wet. I told her that they should have said that at first,then it would have been no problem-now I would have to completley undo and redo the whole thing.She rolled her eyes...that's when I wished I could reach through the glass and wring her f@#+ing neck. So I go back out,get an old piece of tarp off the catwalk,throw it on the back of the load,tuck the excess underneath,put four rubber straps on it so the wind doesn't blow it off,and go back in the office. She once again grabs her walkie-talkie-"hows the tarp job look now?"... "he's good". Then she throws the paperwork at me and hissed "sign here!". So I signed there,said nothing,got in the truck,pulled around behind the building,took the piece of tarp off the back,fixed it exactly like it was at first,and left.

I'll know what to do next time. If there is a next time.

These pictures show how I had it tarped,but it didn't suit them.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

indeed,that's a good one!..her momma should have swallowed her!

actually,,in the last picture taken from the back,,I can still see steel showing,,thats unacceptable!!! heh, heh, just kidding,,I feel your pain,,,Randy

:SMOKIE-LFT: What really pisses me off is when you go through all that aggrevation of tarping that so well and following there stupid safety rules for doing it, which most of the time I find to be more dangerous than if you just did it your way, then you get it to where it has to go spend all that time un tarping the load, only to have them unload it off your truck and put it outside in the mud. Been there , Done that.

• 2 weeks later...